Question Re. Billy Allan

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big question is whether the liquidators will sell East End Park to developers. Dunfermline could be homeless before the end of the season.

It's an old story, kni, but one I think is relevant given Allan's influence. I wonder when we'll finally hear from the man pulling the strings.

It's an old story, kni, but one I think is relevant given Allan's influence. I wonder when we'll finally hear from the man pulling the strings.

I take it that despite asking if Allan was involved with the company in your original post you either knew he was or are assuming he was?

Lets stop talking round in circles and just get to the crux of the matter.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

I take it that despite asking if Allan was involved with the company in your original post you either knew he was or are assuming he was?

Lets stop talking round in circles and just get to the crux of the matter.

Sorry, what I should'have asked is if anyone knew of the extent to which he was involved with the company.

The crux? I thought that would be pretty obvious.

Crux of the matter is that the Turkeys voted in favour of Christmas therefore if/when the club goes belly up they're laughing. The rest of us who've spent years putting the real money into the club will come away with nothing.

They've divided the supporters and the Trust is a deid duck. The B.O.D. know it and are taking full advantage of it.

That to me is the crux. I'm sure folk will add more.

So it sits easy with you that the main at Firhill, one who's also a major player in PropCo, not to mention conspicious by his silence, was previously involved in a stdium company that went into administration and was looking to sell property from under the noses of its tenant? I'm prepared to keep a healthy dose of cynicism, no matter if it leads to accusations of stupidity.

It's a pity chap with wings has disappeared. I'd hoped he would have extended the Q&A invite accepted by Mr Cowan to Mr Allan. After all, The Herald piece with Ronnie Gilfillan, nice guy that he is, told us diddly squat.

It strikes me as strange that there aren't more questions asked on this site of Mr Allan's background and influence. Is it because David Beattie's adopted the cheery front man role? Past regimes certainly wouldn't have enjoyed such unquestionable trust.

Whoop-de-doo.

And when did he finally rock up in that position at Firhill? When there was money to be made from the stadium?

Patronising as usual. I expect nothing less.

Billy Allan was invited by members of the board to invest in PropCo. I believe he went to school with Jim Alexander. I don't know the circumstances that led to him ending up on the club board.

I don't see what connection his involvement in Dunfermline's stadium has to do with his investment in the club he supports

So it sits easy with you that the main at Firhill, one who's also a major player in PropCo, not to mention conspicious by his silence, was previously involved in a stdium company that went into administration and was looking to sell property from under the noses of its tenant? I'm prepared to keep a healthy dose of cynicism, no matter if it leads to accusations of stupidity.

It's a pity chap with wings has disappeared. I'd hoped he would have extended the Q&A invite accepted by Mr Cowan to Mr Allan. After all, The Herald piece with Ronnie Gilfillan, nice guy that he is, told us diddly squat.

It strikes me as strange that there aren't more questions asked on this site of Mr Allan's background and influence. Is it because David Beattie's adopted the cheery front man role? Past regimes certainly wouldn't have enjoyed such unquestionable trust.

Hold the same concerns about Allan AND Beattie.

Agree with your post, particularily the emboldened parts.

It was Rev Green in the library with the lead piping!

Are we not getting a little bit paranoid here?

It might be paranoia, it might not be....depends what Adam is hinting at. Talking in riddles you are Adam (as per usual) if you have something to say say it.

For the record, being suspicious about the conflict of interest of our BoD is fair enuf and well placed suspicion, but it's old news and one where we just need to sit tight and hope for the best. What's the alternative? Listen Re. Adam Sparks vailed questions and growing in paranoia, or support the Club as much as possible now? Adam you're not helping the Club with your angle here, and you aint even making it clear what the NEW point is you are making, so state your point clearly or put your big wooden spoon away!

Edited by Steven H

sit easy with me that the main at Firhill, one who's also a major player in PropCo, not to mention conspicious by his silence, was previously involved in a stdium company that went into administration and was looking to sell property from under the noses of its tenant.

Stick "it doesn't" in front of the above paragraph and you have my point, Steven. Do I have to brand it on to a club and smash you about the head with it? There's nothing veiled about my post. The one thing I'm trying to ascertain through here, seeing he doesn't seem to say much, is Mr Allan's exect involvement in Stadia Properties.

Has that been discussed before? I'm sorry if it has, because I haven't read about it.

We are seeing some signs of familiar territory here, in that you're accusing me of being unhelpful. You seem to be suggesting that I blithely pay my money and 'rally to the cause' because that's what the club really needs.

Is it? A sea of unthinking, unquestioning drones? The Stepford Football Fans?

Talking in riddles you are Adam (as per usual.

What the hell are you talking about, exactly?

In the past week, prompted by Mr Beattie's ambiguous programme notes - I seem to remember a rather impecunious poster saying something similar on an internet forum not miles away from this one - I have asked if we should be considering going part time and whether the fans would accept that, whether the kids go free scheme should be scrapped and whether people believe Dundee's punishment will have a knock on affect should we find ourselves needing extricated from the brown stuff.

Where are the riddles? Where is the paranoia? Do you think these are all trivial matters, designed with the sole purpose of stirring that don't deserve discussion? Or do you accept - referring to said programme notes - that they are issues we should be facing up to as fans of an ailing club?

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Would Mr Spark rather have Cowan & Hughes back in charge?

For the time being, I am willing to give the new regime time to make a positive contribution. If I am being a Stepford fan for rallying to the cause then so be it. Time will tell.

In the meantime, your shitstirring doesn't help.

Stick "it doesn't" in front of the above paragraph and you have my point, Steven. Do I have to brand it on to a club and smash you about the head with it? There's nothing veiled about my post. The one thing I'm trying to ascertain through here, seeing he doesn't seem to say much, is Mr Allan's exect involvement in Stadia Properties.

Has that been discussed before? I'm sorry if it has, because I haven't read about it.

We are seeing some signs of familiar territory here, in that you're accusing me of being unhelpful. You seem to be suggesting that I blithely pay my money and 'rally to the cause' because that's what the club really needs.

Is it? A sea of unthinking, unquestioning drones? The Stepford Football Fans?

What is your point re Billy Allan's involvement in this company tho Adam? That's where I'm getting confused. I don't see any evidence (at least in the article you provided the link to), to suggest this company did try to sell EEP from under the noses of it's tenant's. There's even less to suggest Billy Allan was a major player in this company and the link to this story and Partick Thistle is anorexically thin. So when I ask you to state your point clearly I am taking about this stuff.

If this is just a fishing trip or an attempt to further highlight the conflict of interest for certain board members then it is not necessary, it's pretty clear (on here at least) that we are all aware of this, and all have the same fears as you. So do you have fuel to the fire regarding the stuff in my first paragraph or is providing a link and asking a question about something that happen almost 7 years ago just an attempt at scandal mongering?

As I said, being cynical about the conflict of interest is a good thing so if you have anything of substance to support this cynicism further I for one would like to hear it.

There's even less to suggest Billy Allan was a major player in this company

:mellow:

Did you see fit to ignore this part of my post:

The one thing I'm trying to ascertain through here, seeing he doesn't seem to say much, is Mr Allan's exect involvement in Stadia Properties.

I believe Mr Allan was involved in Stadia Properties. To what extent I don't know. That's what I'm attempting to fathom.

All I know about him is he's apparently a life-long Thistle fan who only, in the eyes of most of us, appeared on the scene when a money making opportunity arrose. Was it the same scenario, ignoring the part about fandom, with Stadia Properties, a venture that went tits up causing Dunfermline some angst?

But if you're happy that all this has been covered before, then fine.