Is This The Start Of A Brighter Future

lennythistle

could be a false dawn and certainly one result doesn't mean everything is going to be just fine....but 6-1, two under 19's scoring, certainly giving this jags fan hope for the future. Sure as hell gona enjoy this evening.

There seems to be a few youngsters knocking on the first team door. The lads confidence will soar after today's result. Seems for a few weeks now there has been a togetherness about the squad and plenty of spirit and fight. My bro in law was at game today and he feels if lads can play as well as they did today on an awful playing surface, then we'll be just fine.

Well done to everyone today. Any chance of same again on tuesday ?

Can't wait until Pressley sees the nick of Firhill!!

Yeah it could be the start, considering MacBeth and Burns are still to get a run out, who both have impressed in cameos, so hopefully this will be the start of a new dawn for us. Still a young team otherwise too, with Cairney Paton Boyle Doolan Buchanan Erskine Fox all early - mid 20's.

Can't wait until Pressley sees the nick of Firhill!!

Yeah it could be the start, considering MacBeth and Burns are still to get a run out, who both have impressed in cameos, so hopefully this will be the start of a new dawn for us. Still a young team otherwise too, with Cairney Paton Boyle Doolan Buchanan Erskine Fox all early - mid 20's.

Add Bannigan to that. I see he started for Ayr again today.

Was really impressed by both Frazer and Campbell today, both full of running and Campbell's in particular, was an excellent finish.

What an enjoyable afternoon today.

Think McCall now has his strategy spot on with the young lads. There was a bit of expectation placed on them by some forum regulars and you could see frustration grow at their omission when things weren't going our way. But that wasn't the time to blood them, imo.

Losing mentalities, a lack of confidence and a hostile crowd doesn't make the ideal breeding ground for fledgling careers. We're now finding our feet, the sense of belief is growing and the fans are mellowing/verging on happy. It's the ideal situation in which to blood them.

I don't know about everyone else, but today is the first Saturday in ages I've really felt proud to be a Thistle fan. It's not just the win, but the way we did it - everyone contributing and then the kids (?) coming on to score the last few goals. It's about time!

Hear hear, we were immense all over the park today, no failures at all, the squad appear to all be playing for each other, also maybe the work being done by Jaggy Mac, Sid and Ian Cameron is starting to pay didvidends with the yound players,today must have been a first two young players making home debut and each scoring on debut, great stuff. The only down for me today was the attendance, 1,689 scarry, we desparately need more fans to turn up, hopefully starting with Tuesdays cup replay and the next home match v Parson 29 Jan.

Happy days

AJ

Edited by ayrshire jag

Hear hear, we were immense all over the park today, no failures at all, the squad appear to all be playing for each other, also maybe the work being done by Jaggy Mac, Sid and Ian Cameron is starting to pay didvidends with the yound players,today must have been a first two young players making home debut and each scoring on debut, great stuff. The only down for me today was the attendance, 1,689 scarry, we desparately need more fans to turn up, hopefully starting with Tuesdays cup replay and the next home match v Parson 29 Jan.

Happy days

AJ

Had a look at other attendances.....1300 at morton game today. Think today will hopefully get a few along on tuesday that never went today....if its on...As mentioned elsewhere, rugby at firhill tomorrow....the rain keeps up then will be struggle to get pitch playable for tuesday.

I don't know about everyone else, but today is the first Saturday in ages I've really felt proud to be a Thistle fan. It's not just the win, but the way we did it - everyone contributing and then the kids (?) coming on to score the last few goals. It's about time!

My Noble Lord H has just expressed my feelings exactly. What joy can be greater than, in the middle of a squally, January day, to watch a glorious, gutsy, Jags victory!

God is indeed good!-(and a Jags fan)