Boozers In Perth?

Chicofan

There is the 208 Club out by the ground, it's the Saints supporters place but away fans are fine in there, fairly big as well.

Or you can drink in the town first and get a taxi, there are a few alright old man jobs relatively near the station for pre-game and a couple of 'trendier' bars that are alright for afters.

Avoid 'Sportsters', terrible service, terrible clientelle, terrible food and most importantly ridiculous drinks prices.

How are the majority getting to Perth? Was looking at getting the train, anyone done this before? and is the station far from the ground?

There is one direct train an hour to Perth, it's the Aberdeen train and from memory it goes at 41 minutes past the hour. The train station is in the town centre, McDairmid Park is not, apparently you can get buses but assuming you are going with a mate or two then your as well jumping in a taxi, it's not far but it's not walkable (well technically it is but it's not very close).

Presumaby because of the distance from the train station to the ground St J away isn't one of those trains that are rammed with Jags fans but with their only being 1 per hour there will be a few on them. Not looked at the fixture list but on the way home you often meet other teams fans returning to Glasgow from Aberdeen, Dundee or Stirling so it can be a laugh.

How are the majority getting to Perth? Was looking at getting the train, anyone done this before? and is the station far from the ground?

Best part of a couple of miles but plenty of buses go out that way. Not sure how easy it is jumping a bus going back tho'. Plenty of pubs in the town but I can't think of any en route till the 208.

Best part of a couple of miles but plenty of buses go out that way. Not sure how easy it is jumping a bus going back tho'. Plenty of pubs in the town but I can't think of any en route till the 208.

This thread has got me into a going off sick mode. A choo choo to Perth, any number of hostelries before a taxi to ground. Its a longish walk back, but the party will be in full swing by then. !!. Hope to hell I can make it. !!

Fab!

(That'll sort the old 'uns from the young 'uns)

Best drinking establishment by far near the ground is the Glover Arms. Pints for under £4. Spirits sold in generous 25cl measures for not much more than £2.50. If you're peckish I'm sure a plate of soup and a burger won't set you back much more than a tenner.

Place is delightfully bedecked with discarded balloons from kiddies parties and this drinking den is highly popular with a wide variety of clientele from highly strung youngsters, elderly Perthshire farmers to the local Young Conservatives. Not just that the Glovers is so handy for Dobbies who are currently doing a fine line in early budding plants.

I've no doubt "sold" the boozer to the likes of uberteeb and his cronies but I'm sure it'll appeal to other fans as well. :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

There is one direct train an hour to Perth, it's the Aberdeen train and from memory it goes at 41 minutes past the hour. The train station is in the town centre, McDairmid Park is not, apparently you can get buses but assuming you are going with a mate or two then your as well jumping in a taxi, it's not far but it's not walkable (well technically it is but it's not very close).

Presumaby because of the distance from the train station to the ground St J away isn't one of those trains that are rammed with Jags fans but with their only being 1 per hour there will be a few on them. Not looked at the fixture list but on the way home you often meet other teams fans returning to Glasgow from Aberdeen, Dundee or Stirling so it can be a laugh.

Cheers mate, will definitely look into it!