Just In...

Jaggernaut

East Stirlingshire 1 - Thistle 3

Thistle were 2-0 up at half-time, two good goals coming from some slick passing down the left flank. In fact there was a lot of good movement off the ball and fast passing in the first half.

But that all seemed to collapse when the 2nd half started, and E.S. started to look the much better team. They deservedly pulled one back, and were still dominating when Thistle's 3rd arrived - some controversy about whether the Jags player kicked it out of the keeper's hands or not. But the goal was given, and the rest of the game more or less fizzled out. In fact the women's hockey match next door was starting to attract more attention from the crowd.

Don't know the players' names, but the Thistle keeper was excellent, with several good saves in both halves, and good kick-outs and throws. Unprotected for the goal.

I think the Stirling Uni. artificial pitch is supposed to be one of the best around, but even so I certainly wouldn't fancy sliding into a tackle on it, and neither did most of the players, it looked like.

East Stirlingshire 1 - Thistle 3

Thistle were 2-0 up at half-time, two good goals coming from some slick passing down the left flank. In fact there was a lot of good movement off the ball and fast passing in the first half.

But that all seemed to collapse when the 2nd half started, and E.S. started to look the much better team. They deservedly pulled one back, and were still dominating when Thistle's 3rd arrived - some controversy about whether the Jags player kicked it out of the keeper's hands or not. But the goal was given, and the rest of the game more or less fizzled out. In fact the women's hockey match next door was starting to attract more attention from the crowd.

Don't know the players' names, but the Thistle keeper was excellent, with several good saves in both halves, and good kick-outs and throws. Unprotected for the goal.

I think the Stirling Uni. artificial pitch is supposed to be one of the best around, but even so I certainly wouldn't fancy sliding into a tackle on it, and neither did most of the players, it looked like.

Young keeper is Blair Lockhead !

Remembered another couple of players who impressed yesterday. Big right back (Garry?), and smaller blond left-back, and tall no. 4 (red hair). Also a wee blond guy wearing I think no. 10. Those four looked a bit of a cut above the rest of the outfield players, though nobody looked especially weak. They just lost it a bit in the 2nd half. A few of the East Stirling guys were giants.