Come In Boat Number 12, Yer Time's Up.

potty trained

Just picking up on some comments re Kieran Burns.

Kieran is actually recovering from surgery and from what I can recall should be back fully fit for the start of pre-season training. I'm confident that a promising career is merely on hold at present.

Thanks for the update. His contract expires in May. Can we assume that he has been offered or signed a new deal?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was stated by David and the manager at recent meetings that the Club would be investing more in youth development next season, which is something I am glad about.

It sounds good but it may reflect a smaller number of "senior" players, i.e. some of the older players/top earners departing. I cannot see Beattie budgeting for another loss next season.

Great thread, will be interesting to see what does happen in the summer....

What are peoples main gripes with Cairney and Hodge?? Is it their off the pitch attitude, fitness etc I've seen a few comments about lifestyles etc and wondered if anyone could shed some light? Just out of curiosty.

At the end of the day, the team needs players that want to play but are also physically up for the job, I know its simplified but its whats required.

Great thread, will be interesting to see what does happen in the summer....

What are peoples main gripes with Cairney and Hodge?? Is it their off the pitch attitude, fitness etc I've seen a few comments about lifestyles etc and wondered if anyone could shed some light? Just out of curiosty.

At the end of the day, the team needs players that want to play but are also physically up for the job, I know its simplified but its whats required.

Ive not seen enough of either this season to really have an opinion on them. Think there are a lot of rumours going about that Cairney's off field activities are having an effect on his developement. He certainly does not appear to have pushed on from waht was a promising season last year. Perhaps others will have more in depth reasons as to the cause of this.

As for hodge, i've always liked the lad and certainly while he was not popular on here for quite some time , he seems to have been winning a few over in the last couple of months. His injury has came at a bad time for him.

I always felt Hodge suffered as he was given a lot of hype from McCall at the time of his signing. So was Paddy Boyle at the time he was signed. Feel the comments of McCall didn't help either of them and when things didn't go well for them, they became almost like hate figures by some of the support. Fair to say Paddy has won almost everyone if not everyone over (by sheer dedication and hard work). Hodge hasn't, though there is still time for him to do so. As i said earlier, pity the injury has came about when it has.

My thoughts exactly and McCall's budget will be even tighter next season. Beattie will not budget for a loss and the youth set-up could be a casualty. Holding onto Boyle would be my number one priority before Robertson and Archie. My guess is that Paton, Boyle and, possibly, Hodge have been offered deals but have not signed them. I expect McGeogh, McBeth and Lochead to be retained. I am not sure why Burns has not featured much this season. Grehan and Cairney can go but it will cost us money to terminate their contracts a year early. We should remember that SPL teams will have tight budgets too and we could pick up some good bargains.

The youth system could be our life blood. Letting that die would be a big mistake. I hope they can see that.