No Old Firm In The Future?

Hot Shot

I came across this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPddUSLK58Y&sns=fb

Probably from the same mob behind the item in the Celtic View.

Aiden Mcgeady's family didn't emigrate from Ireland only one of his Grandparents did. Why wouldn't he want to honour his other three grandparents, parents and his own place of birth. If Celtic didn't exist he would barely recognise his "irish ethnicity"

Aiden Mcgeady's family didn't emigrate from Ireland only one of his Grandparents did. Why wouldn't he want to honour his other three grandparents, parents and his own place of birth. If Celtic didn't exist he would barely recognise his "irish ethnicity"

We all know that it was also to do with the fact that he was treated much better by the irish association than by the sfa when he was developing. Plus, it may well be that he has great grandparents that are irish for all i know. I believe hes from busby, if true, id imagine it would make anyone with a semblance of irishness really retreat into that identity given the way that part of the burbs is.

Some of us have been writing 'Irish' into our census entries for the past couple of decades, D. Ethnicity is important to governments. The Nixon administration in the US built part of its biological weapons programme on ethnicity in the early 1970s.

ha, youll have to elaborate mckennan poor me does not know what you are referring to :) Im having a thick day./

I came across this today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPddUSLK58Y&sns=fb

Probably from the same mob behind the item in the Celtic View.

Well if it makes them happy.....I've no idea where my great grandparents came from. I still have some freckles and some auburn in my hair, but I'm Scottish. Period. That'll do for me. Whatever, I don't see what that politico is on about with the "health issues" claim. How would those of Irish ethnicity have different health needs to me? We're effectively the same race, so that's bollocks. Just seems like another excuse for us to divide ourselves for no good reason, but we're good at that. Humans I mean. No wonder we end up with so many wars and death and torture and so on. F*xake.

Genealogy is not my strong point but I'm willing to bet that since he's got an Irish grandparent there's a strong likelihood he would indeed have Irish great grandparents.

ha ha i should have specfied on the side of his family where he did not have irish grandparents, though i did say i was having a thick day...

national identity in the final analysis is a lot of bolloks, but we do live in the context of nation states and corresponding national identities and power disparities between such 'groupings' in our society. Ultimately none of this would have been an issue had it not been for the fact that irish people most certainly were not treated with the sameness when they moved here. celtic and rangers phenomena can really be put down to deeply embedded racisms and sectarianisms that were and continue to be a part of scottish society. whilst it would be nice to think that getting rid of the old firm would change that, i doubt very much it would.