Team For Tomorrow

1 John Lambie

Dunfermline were by far the better team in the second half, to be honest. Not much from Thistle aside from a couple of counter attacks. Donnelly contributed very little and we seemed to want to sit back after he came on (although you can't really blame one player for that).

I was at East End Park. What game were you at?

Never managed to make game, got unexpectedly stuck through here, good to see the team get a point, reading the OS live updates this afternoon, seemed like it was more Thistle as game went on - unless TH was missing out Dunfermline's chances as game went on?

Shame we couldn't have sneaked a win, extra couple of points would have helped us in league position, keeping up with Queens and keeping close to Old Brown Shoes, before we have our triple header next month.

See the crowd broke 3000, wasthere much of a Jags support, and where were they stuck and treated to the full concentration camp hospitality by Fife's finest stewards?

I was at East End Park. What game were you at?

It's all about opinions, Tom, but I was pretty disappointed with the second half. I thought the first half performance was good, and if the team had been willing to get the ball into the box a bit more often, then Dunfermline were there for the taking. Instead, Sid came on at half time and we seemed happy to sit back in the second half, play Doolan more or less on his own, let Dunfermline have a lot more of the ball, and try to hit them on the counter (which we did manage a couple of times). All in all, a bit disappointed that they didn't carry on the good work from the first half. But then again, we're getting to the "pointless" end of the season without a great deal for us to play for.

It's all about opinions, Tom, but I was pretty disappointed with the second half. I thought the first half performance was good, and if the team had been willing to get the ball into the box a bit more often, then Dunfermline were there for the taking. Instead, Sid came on at half time and we seemed happy to sit back in the second half, play Doolan more or less on his own, let Dunfermline have a lot more of the ball, and try to hit them on the counter (which we did manage a couple of times). All in all, a bit disappointed that they didn't carry on the good work from the first half. But then again, we're getting to the "pointless" end of the season without a great deal for us to play for.

Did we play as well as we did in the second half as we did in the first? Probably not. The better opportunities, as opposed to clear cut chances, were ours though.

Dunfermline had a wee spell when I felt that they were getting on top but didn't, unlike the first half, manage a worthwhile effort on goal.

They were a good bit short of being anywhere near "far the better team".

I don't think Dunfermline were at any point in that game far better than us. They certainly had more of the ball for large spells of the game but did very little with it. Other than Buchanan's effort in the 1st half Fox didn't really have many, if any, saves to make. They reminded me of Thistle of the past year with Donnelly and Buchanan up front looking quite good with absolutely no end product.

McGowan in the middle I thought was excellent and drove forward with the ball anytime he had the chance, his decision making was a bit suspect at time as he should've cut the ball out wide to Flannigan on the break rather than run into trouble in the 2nd half. Rowson was his usual self and also credit to Balatoni who seemed to win pretty much every header. Donnelly coming on was a mistake, why not chuck on the new signing and see what he can do? He's looking to prove himself and it's not as if we have a huge amount to play for now so it would've been good to see what he can do.

Who was it who went in late on Fox? From what I could see he had no right to go for that ball and was extremely lucky the ref was happy to keep his cards in his pocket for most of the game.

In the great debate if pressed I'd favour Tom H as opposed to stolenscone. I thought we were clearly the better side in the 1st half and in the 2nd half it was largely evens stevens. Imo a draw was a fair enough result. Entertaining game for a goalless draw.

i think the saves (and they were good) that Fox had to make poss tell a different story, can remember there golie having much to do.

i think the saves (and they were good) that Fox had to make poss tell a different story, can remember there golie having much to do.

What saves were good other than the one from Buchanan in the 1st half? Graham fired a shot straight at Fox but that was rather straight forward. The only other shot on target I can remember them having was Hardie's header where Fox tipped it over the bar. That doesn't really count considering the ref gave a foul since Hardie barged someone out the way in order to reach the ball.

The fact that their keeper had few saves to make is more an indication of us not getting the shots on target than anything else. Erskine's 2 chances were better than anything they had, McGowan's effort was in if Erskine got any sort of touch on it and also Doolan hit the bar and had shot saved fairly easily. That's without even mentioning Donnelly being in the box with the ball before decided to cut back with it rather than shoot.

Never managed to make game, got unexpectedly stuck through here, good to see the team get a point, reading the OS live updates this afternoon, seemed like it was more Thistle as game went on - unless TH was missing out Dunfermline's chances as game went on?

Shame we couldn't have sneaked a win, extra couple of points would have helped us in league position, keeping up with Queens and keeping close to Old Brown Shoes, before we have our triple header next month.

See the crowd broke 3000, wasthere much of a Jags support, and where were they stuck and treated to the full concentration camp hospitality by Fife's finest stewards?

I thought it was a pretty disappointing crowd, given that it was a nice afternoon and they have an excellent chance of winning the league. But I guess at least they're getting over 3,000, which we just don't these days. And we're not as big a draw for them as Raith Rovers, Falkirk or Dundee.

I'd reckon around 450 Jags fans.