Peterhead To Let Fans In For Free

twinny

Link.

Good idea, particularly with a new managing having just come aboard. However judging by their league position they are dire, and I doubt making one match free will bring that many fans out.

Would you like to see us try something similar? I personally wouldn't as we need all the money we can get, however as I've said in the past I wouldn't mind seeing us do the 'pay as much as you want' for one game as Mansfield did successfully a couple of years back. Bringing the price down might work towards the season's end as games become meaningless, though.

You can be sure that a lot of people, even Thistle fans, would pay nothing, or a quid at most.

It would be a financial disaster, though a nice gesture if the club could get the cost of staging the match covered by sponsors. Maybe best for a pre-season friendly, to give people a taster. But then again....

Edited by Jaggernaut

There are times when our team plays and you think you couldn't give tickets away. Other times you'll get the best £20-ish worth you've had all year. I'm struggling to recall the last time the club put on a big promo, the crowd sized improved and we won the game. Ho hum.

Right now, freebies aren't good for business. The club seems to be struggling to hold numbers.