Falkirk Prices?

digger

Anybody enlighten me as to why we were charged £15.50 to get into this match despite the price on our website being £15.00. Seemed like a last minute rip off to me!

A bit strange yes,

However, Falkirk FC, being as petty as they are, decided to hike the prices up due to the V.A.T. increase at the start of the year. They are essentially getting back the 50p they lost when the VAT went up.

Its absolutely crap! The speed of the people at the turnstile slows down as they are fumbling for change!

I wonder if they'll be kind enough to charge the original prices for the game a week on Tuesday since it would've been £15 if they'd actually managed to get the game on before Christmas. :thinking:

:D That's a bit cruel. Falkirk, like everybody else, have every right to pass on the VAT increase. If they've enough change at the turnstliles to anticipate any confusion then I can't see how an average away crowd can be inconvenienced.

:D That's a bit cruel. Falkirk, like everybody else, have every right to pass on the VAT increase. If they've enough change at the turnstliles to anticipate any confusion then I can't see how an average away crowd can be inconvenienced.

Everyone was going through their pockets looking for change, I took quite the opposite view, let her rummage about & give me the correct change. Charging for the VAT rise is pretty poor I would say. What's 25p when they pay Burton O'Brien £3k a week?

Everyone was going through their pockets looking for change, I took quite the opposite view, let her rummage about & give me the correct change. Charging for the VAT rise is pretty poor I would say. What's 25p when they pay Burton O'Brien £3k a week?

If it was at Dens Pk, where they already charge us £19, I'd agree. But how can we grumble when they charge us less, even after their surcharge, than we'll charge their fans back at Firhill?

VAT is after all aimed entirely at the end user. Just because other clubs have chosen to absorb a tax increase doesn't make Falkirk in any way culpable for passing it on.

Besides I tend to blame tax increases more at the door of those who are supposed to run the country than those who place an inflated value on the worth of Burton O'Brien.

If it was at Dens Pk, where they already charge us £19, I'd agree. But how can we grumble when they charge us less, even after their surcharge, than we'll charge their fans back at Firhill?

VAT is after all aimed entirely at the end user. Just because other clubs have chosen to absorb a tax increase doesn't make Falkirk in any way culpable for passing it on.

Besides I tend to blame tax increases more at the door of those who are supposed to run the country than those who place an inflated value on the worth of Burton O'Brien.

Yes they charge less for Adults & Concessions, but we eclipse that with them charging £7 for U-16s compared to us being free. I'd be interested to see how many teams have passes the VAT increase onto the fans, not many I'd presume. Also, 2.5% of £15 does not = 50p.

Yes they charge less for Adults & Concessions, but we eclipse that with them charging £7 for U-16s compared to us being free. I'd be interested to see how many teams have passes the VAT increase onto the fans, not many I'd presume. Also, 2.5% of £15 does not = 50p.

Now if they charged £15.32 then I could definitely see problems arising at the turnstiles :)

Anyway we'll certainly be hearing a lot about Falkirk's financial plight in the next few days and quite likely for a lot longer. Despite paying more than the odd daft wage I have a wee bit of sympathy for Falkirk. Most clubs dropping down from the SPL to our division are caught between a rock and a hard place, tho' I suspect Accies will be an exception to the rule and will adjust easily enough.

I also suspect that game Falkirk played against Killie at the end of last season that there was far more than just relegation at stake.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett