Falkirk

beep0608

Read their forum and official site with some interest. Looks like a scam as well as a shambles. They're punting "sensational" season ticket offers, which in fact is a desperate attempt to get the money they say they need damn fast. A bit like us in needing 100k but we had a bit more time to get it together. They can't afford to sack Elvis clearly, like we couldn't afford to sack McCall back then. Looks like they're going to scale back much further than we are doing. Harsh realities of the 1st Division.

I was also interested to see them selling rights to live broadcasts and highlights. They even, ludicrously, said they will be showing "Falkirk biased" highlights. Wtf? Maybe it's just me but I don't want to see twisted highlights. If it's a game I didn't make it to then I'd like to see it as it is, and be some sort of accurate reflection, for better or worse. That may be a tall order for them next season.

Before we get started, and though I don't much like Falkirk, or Depressley, let's not glory in this. Our game is dying. Maybe it's dead already. The demise of similar clubs to us will drain us too.

Edited by beep0608

Can't say I know too much about Falkirk's financial plight but from what I hear there's a certain similarity with our own problems.

It looks like they're also prepared to scale down next season. In relative terms to get to our level it should be drastically more than we have to do.

Their major problem is cash flow so as they can even reach a situation where they can scale down. We apparently have that side of things now under control.

To keep the wage bill low enough there'll be an emphasis on youth players getting first team starts. We're probably well ahead of them with that.

Altho' a similarity with us I get the impression that Falkirk are working to a bigger scale than us. They certainly have less time to steady things.

Not that a ten team league is in any way appetising but next season is starting to look very even stevens compared to recent seasons. Unless some club goes against the grain (and there'll be at least two with previous) or McDonald at Accies blows the parachute payment on player wages, it could be a very tight league indeed. That may be no bad thing for us.

Don't like hearing a teams in danger, unless of course it's hundee. I hate elvis but have no animosity with falkirk fans. Dundee fans really deserve the trouble for their sanctimony, loyalist flags and treble cheating. Just wish we could play falkirk every week. we'd be in the champions league. we need them in our league coz those 12 points a season are priceless

Falkirk used to have there fair share of loyalist flags remember going to brockville and seeing a few butchers aprons around the ground.

Don't like hearing a teams in danger, unless of course it's hundee. I hate elvis but have no animosity with falkirk fans. Dundee fans really deserve the trouble for their sanctimony, loyalist flags and treble cheating. Just wish we could play falkirk every week. we'd be in the champions league. we need them in our league coz those 12 points a season are priceless

I agree, I don't like hearing about clubs in financial trouble (Dundee and Rangers aside) but in the case of Falkirk I am close to classing them in the 'feck them' category. Will never forgive them for their treatment of The Messiah, Mr Sir Lambie's name is still mud in the eyes of a lot of Falkirk fans.

I'm inclined to agree that this is another sign of the death by a thousand cutbacks of Scottish football , as we have known it, if not alway loved it. I will not crow about the distress of an opponent, since you never really know that its not going to be your team next. As I've posted on here in the past I haven't the foggiest idea what we can do about it. I'm afraid that the forces that are seeking to change the situation in this country care not a jot for "wee" teams like Thistle. If even Celtic and Rangers are forced to play at 6:00 pm to satisfy the "money men", I doubt we've got much of a look in.I've amended my post, to add the caveat that this sympathy for teams in financial trouble obviously does not extend to those who frequent Dens Park or Ibrox Stadium(I'll leave that to the SFA/SFL).

Edited by stillresigned