Ptha - The Case Of Peter "maba" Mckennan

stuthejag

I've finally got round to unloading the newspaper reports of Peter McKennan's charge and trial after assaulting a Killie legend after a game at Rugby Park. It seems MaBa took exception of the Killie players man marking.

Interesting thing now is Peter McKeannan's daughter is now married to the current Killie Chairman.

The Case of MaBa McKennan

BTW: I'm always looking for new cuttings and pictures for the website.

Stu

Edited by stuthejag

Saw an Alex McSpadyen cigarette card yesterday. Unfortunately it was framed with a couple of dozen other UK footballers and they were wanting £30 for the collection.

This one?

I know his grandson quite well he is a big Air*rie fan and in his younger days managed to get lifted as part of the'B'......

Edited by stuthejag

Is anyone else feeling a sneaky sense of pride in Peter?

Never sneaky. My late father wouldn't shut up about Ma Ba when we got started talking about Thistle. I'm not sure if these tales were embellished (probably were), but I was told Peter always stuck a hankie in his pocket and used it as a prop, making a real pantomime of blowing his nose at free kicks and penalties because it wound up the opposition and the referee.

Chris Erskine seems to be this generation's Ma Ba - capable of acts of genius and just as quickly going on his arse.

Dad told me that at direct free kicks Peter would walk over to the opposition keeper and point to the top corner of the net and tell him, "See there? It's going right in there".

I like to think 'it' invariably did.

A few years back I attended a Manchester United game at Old Trafford. There was a little fella from Northern Ireland sitting in front of me. When he heard my accent he turned and asked me - much to my delight - if I was from Glasgow. I said yes, he then asked me what team I followed. "Thistle", I told him. He was from Coleraine, the team Peter managed.

Not very often you get a football fan from Glasgow and a football fan from Northern Ireland not talking about the Old Firm.