Sigesige00

gianlucatoni

Guys an arse , trying to be funny/controversial/whatever , cant think of any other forum that i view that would tolerate his posts , if the mods dont take the decision to bin him maybe we should stop using the forum , and ignoring him is not an answer , as an aside how many parents would be horrified at that sort of thing was on a football forum for kids to see , lets see some decisive moderator action please

Well said. Get the guy removed or fans will walk, it's obvious that he's pissed off enough people with his peado comments. Sick. Do your job mods.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe they do - i mean it must be hard for them and yourself to be a paedo/incest/rape-apologist i mean have a different a rosy point of view

i'm away back to my coven though to brew up a new potion

Firstly - I didn’t see the comments of which you are referring and would therefore find it hard to comment or apologise about them. I can only guess they have been removed by moderators.

Secondly – I don’t care if moderators decide to ban users for crossing the line. It’s their forum. I do care when keyboard warriors go on a personal crusade and try to tell them how to do their job.

Thirdly – Maybe you can go back and have another read of the rules, mainly the part about personal abuse. I’ll be expecting an apology.

Edited by Grant Tierney's tackle

A thread was started by a poster which caused a fair bit of outrage. The original poster then requested the thread be deleted. I am sure he will have received fair warning about some of his views. The matter should now be closed.

However, I am sure he is aware that he his jacket is hanging on a shoogly peg now and any further airing of such offensive views would result in action being taken. It's also up to other posters whether or not they want to interact any further with him. Personally if I were that poster (if he is or isn't real) I think I might feel now that this forum is no longer a welcoming platform for my ideas and might retreat a little.

This isn't a playground, we don't vote on who we do don't want to hang out with, it's a discussion forum where we expect to find a certain amount of disagreement. When someone says something unacceptable they should be given a fair warning for their behaviour and given the opportunity to make ammends. How many of us are guilty of losing the rag with someone on here or saying something we might regret later? If everyone got banned from one screw up (no matter how offensive / off the wall / in orbit it is) then the forum would be even quieter than it is.

Time to move on. If people are seriously thinking about moving on then that's pretty disappointing that we would let one person's ill thought out opinions further shrink the Thistle Community. We're bigger than this.

A thread was started by a poster which caused a fair bit of outrage. The original poster then requested the thread be deleted. I am sure he will have received fair warning about some of his views. The matter should now be closed.

However, I am sure he is aware that he his jacket is hanging on a shoogly peg now and any further airing of such offensive views would result in action being taken. It's also up to other posters whether or not they want to interact any further with him. Personally if I were that poster (if he is or isn't real) I think I might feel now that this forum is no longer a welcoming platform for my ideas and might retreat a little.

This isn't a playground, we don't vote on who we do don't want to hang out with, it's a discussion forum where we expect to find a certain amount of disagreement. When someone says something unacceptable they should be given a fair warning for their behaviour and given the opportunity to make ammends. How many of us are guilty of losing the rag with someone on here or saying something we might regret later? If everyone got banned from one screw up (no matter how offensive / off the wall / in orbit it is) then the forum would be even quieter than it is.

Time to move on. If people are seriously thinking about moving on then that's pretty disappointing that we would let one person's ill thought out opinions further shrink the Thistle Community. We're bigger than this.

:thumbsup2: In total agreement with you.

Edited by OorWull

As the person who had to issue bans to some of the lynch mob back on the old forum, I can assure you that they are not bigger than this.

As the person who had to issue bans to some of the lynch mob back on the old forum, I can assure you that they are not bigger than this.

Wasn't on the old forum so can't comment , but "lynch mob" is a strong term , of course controversy and debate are part of what makes the forum enjoyable , but are some things not so wrong that they're beyond debating , as i said previously dont know of anywhere else those opinions would be tolerated .

Wasn't on the old forum so can't comment , but "lynch mob" is a strong term , of course controversy and debate are part of what makes the forum enjoyable , but are some things not so wrong that they're beyond debating , as i said previously dont know of anywhere else those opinions would be tolerated .

From what I've seen, comments were made and people were rightly offended. They complained and the mods dealt with it as they saw fit. Others might have handled it differently, but it wasn't their decision to make. And that should be the end of it.

Firstly - I didn’t see the comments of which you are referring and would therefore find it hard to comment or apologise about them. I can only guess they have been removed by moderators.

Secondly – I don’t care if moderators decide to ban users for crossing the line. It’s their forum. I do care when keyboard warriors go on a personal crusade and try to tell them how to do their job.

Thirdly – Maybe you can go back and have another read of the rules, mainly the part about personal abuse. I’ll be expecting an apology.

Dealing with you points in order:

1. You admit that you knew nothing about the thread in question but sought fit to comment on my witch hunt. In doing so you have therefore displayed a startling lack of sensibility but the forum is the place for opinions so you are welcome to it and I sought fit to respond.

2. I've clearly asked the mods for an explanation as to why this character has been allowed to stay given the outrageous manner of the post - whether he's backed or sacked it would be interesting to hear the reasoning. The silence however is a poor show indeed on what essentially isn't really a busy forum to police with (at best) 10 active threads per day.

3. You're clearly a mammy's boy wanting a wee apology - perhaps my words were rather over the top but sometimes strong words are needed in an information vacuum of the mods making - stop by later and I'll get you a double nougat with raspberry sauce. :thumbsup2:

This isn't a playground, we don't vote on who we do don't want to hang out with, it's a discussion forum where we expect to find a certain amount of disagreement.

how is voting a playground routine. it goes on in courts & governments to begin with, and yes this is a discussion forum were there disagreements, and youl take this as a disagreement.

what this WUM is doing is offending people. And people dont come on here to be offended sir

Dealing with you points in order:

1. You admit that you knew nothing about the thread in question but sought fit to comment on my witch hunt. In doing so you have therefore displayed a startling lack of sensibility but the forum is the place for opinions so you are welcome to it and I sought fit to respond.

2. I've clearly asked the mods for an explanation as to why this character has been allowed to stay given the outrageous manner of the post - whether he's backed or sacked it would be interesting to hear the reasoning. The silence however is a poor show indeed on what essentially isn't really a busy forum to police with (at best) 10 active threads per day.

3. You're clearly a mammy's boy wanting a wee apology - perhaps my words were rather over the top but sometimes strong words are needed in an information vacuum of the mods making - stop by later and I'll get you a double nougat with raspberry sauce. :thumbsup2:

*Woosh*

That’s the sound of life passing you by, while you’re sitting greeting like a wee lassie on a fitba forum.

I didn’t expect an intelligent or articulate reply and I wasn’t disappointed, so well done you on that part.

Anyway, back to the pube measuring contest.

My original comment was clearly in response to the noises you were making about banning somebody. It was completely irrelevant what was said leading up to it because it has been removed. I wonder what makes you think you’re entitled to demand anything from moderators of a football forum, of which you pay nothing for the upkeep for.

BCG Jag summarised the situation pretty much spot on and entering into any more dialogue with you will only implicate me further in pathetic bickering, which almost certainly sickened the owners of the last forum.

*Woosh*

That’s the sound of life passing you by, while you’re sitting greeting like a wee lassie on a fitba forum.

I didn’t expect an intelligent or articulate reply and I wasn’t disappointed, so well done you on that part.

My original comment was clearly in response to the noises you were making about banning somebody. It was completely irrelevant what was said leading up to it because it has been removed. I wonder what makes you think you’re entitled to demand anything from moderators of a football forum, of which you pay nothing for the upkeep for.

BCG Jag summarised the situation pretty much spot on and entering into any more dialogue with you will only implicate me further in pathetic bickering, which almost certainly sickened the owners of the last forum.

It's sad that folk like you still exist on forums, attention whores who just want to stir it up in issues they were never even part of. Like you said you never saw the original thread yet you see fit to comment on it now? Tw@t of the highest order.

It's sad that folk like you still exist on forums, attention whores who just want to stir it up in issues they were never even part of. Like you said you never saw the original thread yet you see fit to comment on it now? Tw@t of the highest order.

Care to substantiate your claims or are you another abusive poster?

Like I said I'm not commenting on the original thread, but the discourse which came after.

*Woosh*

sploosh

that's the sound of your credibility double nougat melting

Edited by gianlucatoni

Play nice kids or the toys will be taken away.

I see, the regulars risk being banned and you ignore SS? That would be laughable, ban the likes of me but leave muppets like SS. Not sure you'll need to take the toys away, I'm getting fed up round here anyway.

I see, the regulars risk being banned and you ignore SS? That would be laughable, ban the likes of me but leave muppets like SS. Not sure you'll need to take the toys away, I'm getting fed up round here anyway.

Well said sir - threaten us with a ban so the paedos and incest crew can stay and play - the irony is perturbing.