My First Semi-Professional Game Of Footie

phoenix1876

for dunedin tech, i dont know if im fully fit, and i dont know if im in the starting line up, but they are either placing me in central midfield, or centre back. either or im havin a dig :).

down side is im carrying a foot injury which is a wee bit sore. all in all though i cant wait.

:)

im helping the youth side coz theres not much in the way of football in new zealand and the lads dont watch it very much, So just being the big scotsman just teachin a thing or 2.. mind you these guys are 17 18 yr olds, and they arent too bad

Dunedin techs 5 squads are pretty much top of each of their league apart from their 3rd team which ill be helpin with

ill get back to use with a score and a performance

cheers i really appreciate that, dont get me wrong im no were close to being like bobby charlton but i know a thing or too. And hopefully it should be a good game.

yea i understand yous are aw old and have to go to bed at a reasonable time :P

has the website got a fan team or anything like that, coz ill be coming back in november and it would be good to join something like that.

cheers i really appreciate that, dont get me wrong im no were close to being like bobby charlton but i know a thing or too. And hopefully it should be a good game.

yea i understand yous are aw old and have to go to bed at a reasonable time :P

has the website got a fan team or anything like that, coz ill be coming back in november and it would be good to join something like that.

check out the Jags Trust AFC bit on the main menu - they've got a team :thumbsup2:

ps - break a leg - and enjoy the game if u can avoid the sheep

:getmecoat:

Edited by gianlucatoni

Well done, phoenix :thumbsup2:

why thank you.

there was a point in the match i was quite proud of, this dude who was like 6 ft 6 and built like a bear, he completely dominated the midfield with the fact that our midfield were roughly about 5 ft 9, and this guy was using his weight and everything on these kids, it was literally assault. so i made it my own wee mission to show this guy up . I finally got my chance when a loose ball sped across our back left corner which i made a B line for, out of the corner of my this guy was chasin after me, due to my foot being mashed i wasnt runnin fast as what i can do. I knew he was going to throw the shoulder in at me. so he was runnin along side me and just as he threw himself in my direction to push me off the ball, i stopped and he completely missed me and lost his balanced n crashed to the ground.

was quite pleased with myself.

The downside about the game was that i kinda treated like as if i was at firhill, every pass that was made, i clapped, every bad challenge "REFEREE" lol it was a good game though :)

why thank you.

there was a point in the match i was quite proud of, this dude who was like 6 ft 6 and built like a bear, he completely dominated the midfield with the fact that our midfield were roughly about 5 ft 9, and this guy was using his weight and everything on these kids, it was literally assault. so i made it my own wee mission to show this guy up . I finally got my chance when a loose ball sped across our back left corner which i made a B line for, out of the corner of my this guy was chasin after me, due to my foot being mashed i wasnt runnin fast as what i can do. I knew he was going to throw the shoulder in at me. so he was runnin along side me and just as he threw himself in my direction to push me off the ball, i stopped and he completely missed me and lost his balanced n crashed to the ground.

was quite pleased with myself.

The downside about the game was that i kinda treated like as if i was at firhill, every pass that was made, i clapped, every bad challenge "REFEREE" lol it was a good game though :)

You could have 'accidentally' tripped over him as he fell in front of you, when this happens you tend to put your arm out to break your fall and it would have been unfortunate if your elbow had landed in his ribs. He wouldn't have bullied the young boys in midfield after that. Job done.

Well done anyway.

aye well its all good now. we were playing melchester rovers, their average age of their players was like 28, and our was 19, so we were gettin bullied about the pitch, the thing that amused me was that their centre forward who i had the pleasure of marking had an uncanny resemblance of a young rolf harris, i had him in my back pocket for the full time that i was on.

Hopefully im fully fit for next weeks game, my foot is still sore. If im fully fit, im very confident ill be more solid at the back.

And im gonna try n get my girlfriend to come along n get some pictures for yous (she was back in nelson for the weekend so couldnt come)