Looking Like The Blue Brazil

Tom Hosie

Anyone know when we last played at Central Park? By my reckoning

our last 3 meetings have been at Firhill. Two good wins and a

horrible 1-0 defeat in the cup.

A 3-2 (AET) win in the B&Q cup. My one and only visit to the joys of Central Park.

Apparently they have a serious ned problem up there. Heard a few stories of visiting having bother after games at Cowden.

I've never been. I do remember seeing us playing them when I was a little nipper standing with my old man on the fringe of the shed, I only remember cause I was sure him calling them 'The Blue Brazil' was just a terrible dad joke for years after and was amazed when I found out it was true.

Would it not be more accurate to refer to Brazil as "the Yellow Cowdenbeath"?

God I remember that cup game at Firhill. I wish I didn't. Seem to remember they were propping up the first division by a country mile.

Was stood in the enclosure, just close enough to be screaming blue murder at the linesman who disallowed...was it two or three goals? Never offside :angry: Also getting a grand stand view of Don McVicars Penalty miss.

Fairly sure it was Nicky Henderson that scored the Cowden goal from the spot that day as well.

We won the 1st Div in 1991 :thinking: ?

Whoops. :blush: Season we won promotion from the First Division is what I meant to type but didn't for some strange reason. :P

The way I partied the night we won promotion it could have been the World Cup we won not just drawn 0-0 with Forfar!

Ah the great Nicky Henderson. One of my favourite players during dark, dark days - one of my favourite Hendo moments was in a cup tie vs St Johnstone. Down 1 - 0, 87th minute same same old at McDiarmid, ball leathered up the wing and Nicky chases it....and chases it.....and chases it. Every Thistle fan is willing him on - and with about a yard to the byeline he gets it and puts in a perfect cross for Nipper Lawrence who hits it off the cross bar on the turn. That's the way I remember it....anyway.