Are Basketball And Netball Popular In Scotland?

sigesige00

Are Basketball and Netball popular in Scotland?

It seems that the number of male Netball player is limited; but very popular in Australasia.

Have you ever heard the term ' away and boil yer heid ' it is often used by older folks in Scotland.

This is a football forum, used by people who enjoy football. It is not often frequented by knitting clubs, stamp collectors, train spotters etc !

Cos we don't give a shit about these topics !

But it is frequented by you ! :thinking:

Who gives a monkeys about male netball other than you ? Best start a new forum elsewhere. :thumbdown:

You wore thin so long ago you are silk like :thinking::blink:

Get a life :thumbsup2:

Edited by Jaggy1967

How many netball tops do you have?

I do not have netball or basketball tops. I am not so interested in netball or basketball. I think that the 24-second rule in basketball is unnecessary.

By the way, there is no sleeveless tops in football. In the football rule, player tops must have sleeves. I do not know the reason, but very interesting.

I do not have netball or basketball tops. I am not so interested in netball or basketball. I think that the 24-second rule in basketball is unnecessary.

By the way, there is no sleeveless tops in football. In the football rule, player tops must have sleeves. I do not know the reason, but very interesting.

Its not like you to question rules SS.

Please tell us more about the 24 second rule.

Its not like you to question rules SS.

Please tell us more about the 24 second rule.

In Basketball, the side which obtain the ball must shoot the ball within 24 seconds.

This rule was firstly introduced in the North American NBA, and adopted internationally as the 30-second rule in 1956.

In Basketball, the side which obtain the ball must shoot the ball within 24 seconds.

This rule was firstly introduced in the North American NBA, and adopted internationally as the 30-second rule in 1956.

The shot clock is very important, as it makes the game faster with an emphasis on attacking. If football pitches weren't so large I'd like to see something similar in football. There is a 30 second rule in water polo (35 seconds until around 10 years ago).

Cameroon once had a sleeveless top, subsequently a rule was put in place against this.

The shot clock is very important, as it makes the game faster with an emphasis on attacking. If football pitches weren't so large I'd like to see something similar in football. There is a 30 second rule in water polo (35 seconds until around 10 years ago).

Cameroon once had a sleeveless top, subsequently a rule was put in place against this.

In Futsal, played by 5-player teams in 20m*40m pitch, there is no such rule. The reason is probably because it is very difficult to keep the ball without using hands.

So ballgames using hands (Basketball, Handball) have such rules. (In Handball, there is no time rule, but there is a foul called "passive play" if the ball-holding side does not attack.)

I'd say that up until the 1970s netball was quite popular as a sport for girls. But then it seemed to decline, probably for being seen as too feminine compared to increasingly popular and more vigorous sports like hockey, basketball and volleyball. However, in the past decade or so there seems to have been a resurgence in netball's popularity, though I have no idea if any of the rules have been changed to "modernise" it in any way.

I'd say that up until the 1970s netball was quite popular as a sport for girls. But then it seemed to decline, probably for being seen as too feminine compared to increasingly popular and more vigorous sports like hockey, basketball and volleyball. However, in the past decade or so there seems to have been a resurgence in netball's popularity, though I have no idea if any of the rules have been changed to "modernise" it in any way.

I *think* they changed some of the netball rules. The top level British league is now shown on sky sports---I think they changed from a club based system to a regional/franchise system in order to increase competition and improve the "product" for supporters. Sadly I don't think football administrators will ever realise that they might need to occasionally use some forward thinking :(