Aac To Mp3

1 John Lambie

Hi, can anyone help me as to how to do this? I got a new car recently (Fiat 500) & it came with a Blue&Me windows thingy to be able to play your songs through, however they have to be in MP3 format. All my songs are on iTunes & on the AAC format, I've bought a 16GB memory stick to put them onto, so ready to go.

I've googled it & see that there's different websites giving you an application to download, is that the best way? Is there a trusted website to use, don't want to end up with a virus etc. Or can you do it alot simpler that that?

Cheers for any help. :thumbsup2:

I've always used www.download.com to find the applications I've needed. Check both the Editor's and Users' reviews as sometimes they are very different.

I wonder how long this thread will go before it turns into another "pro/anti iTunes" argument?

I use this which is also free.

The site itself is only available in German, but the software runs English as one of about 7 different languages.

Doesn't just do AAC to MP3 but a whole pile of other Audio & Video format conversions.

Don't think you'll be able to do what you're wanting to do without downloading something!

How? I know you can change any new cd's I put onto my iPod into MP3, but don't see how I can change existing songs view iTunes.

I downloaded one of the things mentioned above, but as I have so many songs, going to take forever!

on iTunes click <Advanced> then <Create mp3 version>

on iTunes click <Advanced> then <Create mp3 version>

You might have to change the setting on <Edit>, <Preferences>, General Tab, <Import Settings>, <Import Using> to "MP3 Encoder" to get this option.

Even then, you probably will not be able to convert songs downloaded from iTunes. :thumbdown: