Canucks Fans

Wiltshire Jag

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/

Even the manky mobs' fans aren't this sad. I hope never to be proved wrong about that statement!

My uncle Rod lives in Vancouver and few years ago sent me over a Canucks shirt. Was keeping an look out to see how they got on but was shocked when i heard bout the rioting this morning.

I saw the series on ESPN - JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ it made the Old Firm look like a Sunday School prayer meeting. The referees/umpires appeared to have decided not to blow up for foul play, and the result was mayhem. The teams and fans don't like each other anyway, so it was pistols at dawn. Broken digits, tripping, fouling, fighting, blind-siding, and one player had a broken bone in his back from the body-checking. Quite fun really. :o

crackin' photos, though, huh?

Dramatic, right enough.

I see the one of the couple lying in the road has been attracting media attention. Was it a kiss, or was he speaking to her closely in the midst of all the noise and turmoil, as she was actually injured? The truth will eventually emerge, I imagine.

This Greek dog veteran protester/rioter gave me a laugh yesterday:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13802940