Partick Thistle Shamed

I like the Hello Hello song in all its unsanitised, full-fat glory. There is nothing anywhere in the words that give me cause to feel ashamed or embarrassed in any way - quite the opposite. I sing it with pride.

Very much agreed. The real Hello Hello song with the proper ending should never be stopped or replaced by any other pishy ending, I for one would try my best to keep the original alive.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

never heard that version we hate glasgow rangers, we hate celtic to, there shite we hate strathclyde polis but most of all we hate you

Hanx

Oh deary me; you must have been having a bad one when you posted this rant... What have the polis done to offend you now? Stick to the jackboots and ledderhosen my right-wing friend! I actually remember this song and thought nothing about belting it out. But, as someone has said, this was back in the day... we've all moved on and perhaps our PC views have altered. For fear of offending anyone who might want to support the Jags, I wouldn't sing this one again.

"Hello hello" is, of course, a different matter and should be sung whenever the OF visit. IMO of course.

P.S. There a few polis who are Jags fans and probably a few on this very DG.

Edited by Meister Jag

I remember this vaguely, and I would be the first to categorise it as not acceptable in this day and age. However, the really annoying thing is the efforts of some people to obfuscate and obstruct any attempt to change the law relating to sectarian behaviour by posing puerile problems and setting false trails, when in reality anyone born and bred in this city would be able to recognise what we all want to stop.

Hanx

Oh deary me; you must have been having a bad one when you posted this rant... What have the polis done to offend you now? Stick to the jackboots and ledderhosen my right-wing friend! I actually remember this song and thought nothing about belting it out. But, as someone has said, this was back in the day... we've all moved on and perhaps our PC views have altered. For fear of offending anyone who might want to support the Jags, I wouldn't sing this one again.

"Hello hello" is, of course, a different matter and should be sung whenever the OF visit. IMO of course.

P.S. There a few polis who are Jags fans and probably a few on this very DG.

Hanx

Owe you an apology mate, thought you were just picking on the polis from your Govan loan wolf cell. But as discussed in the house of fun today, I can't remember this version. Sure this isn't a ditty from one of your hand-shandy permed rock outfits?

I remember this vaguely, and I would be the first to categorise it as not acceptable in this day and age. However, the really annoying thing is the efforts of some people to obfuscate and obstruct any attempt to change the law relating to sectarian behaviour by posing puerile problems and setting false trails, when in reality anyone born and bred in this city would be able to recognise what we all want to stop.

:thumbsup2: well said that man!