Deluded Tims.........

brick_top

Had a mate,who lives in Spain, announce on facebook that fans of barca and Madrid should support a real team, with a link to sellik fans singing you'll never walk alone.

When I pointed out to him that we, stenhousmuir, Motherwell etc were all more of a "real team" than sellik, I was described as having "bitterness at being brought up a jag", without a hint of irony.

Quality stuff. I was also asked to explain how the clubs I mentioned were more "real" than sellik. To which I replied "well how are Celtic more "real" than barca or madrid".

Edited by brick_top

Had a mate,who lives in Spain, announce on facebook that fans of barca and Madrid should support a real team, with a link to sellik fans singing you'll never walk alone.

When I pointed out to him that we, stenhousmuir, Motherwell etc were all more of a "real team" than sellik, I was described as having "bitterness at being brought up a jag", without a hint of irony.

Quality stuff. I was also asked to explain how the clubs I mentioned were more "real" than sellik. To which I replied "well how are Celtic more "real" than barca or madrid".

So he thinks Celtic are more real then REAL Madrid!!! He's been out in the sun too long!

For me, today's win was about which team used its resources best. I don't really care if Celtic put out a third string but I'm interested in comparing what Jags fans got from their team per poond and what Celtic got from theirs.

Agree totally, if we keep the effort up like that all season and the young guys are getting a chance then I think we'll have a half decent season. you'll notice that I'm not suggesting championship winning etc... that will come :thumbsup:

From the looks on the faces of some Celtic fans, they really don't like getting beat - even if it is their second, third or whatever string. For the OF it's all about winning; oh, and ££££. I don't think their fans were especially short vhanged, they were entertained by a team who played fairly well (Celtic goal and odd central midfield possession issues aside) and who score a cracker of a winning goal. What a f****** strike! (Message to Tommy Taylor: Tell me that will be in tomorrow's papers?)

For me, today's win was about which team used its resources best. I don't really care if Celtic put out a third string but I'm interested in comparing what Jags fans got from their team per poond and what Celtic got from theirs.

It looks to me that our fitness levels are excellent. I know McCall was never guilty of a slack pre season but McNamara seems to have taken us to a new level. I also know only three outfield players played the full 90mins but most of those subbed looked like they could've easily played the whole match.

In short I'm more confident of our chances this evening than I was yesterday.

It looks to me that our fitness levels are excellent. I know McCall was never guilty of a slack pre season but McNamara seems to have taken us to a new level. I also know only three outfield players played the full 90mins but most of those subbed looked like they could've easily played the whole match.

In short I'm more confident of our chances this evening than I was yesterday.

The effect of the sports science approach as opposed to the "right, away up that hill" old school training?