Next Round

thornwoodjag

This inane competition usually end up costing us. If it's midweek best for club finances an away tie to someplace nearby and let them pay the expenses. To be honest I don't even know if the next round is regionalised or not. Obviously don't want another Div 1 side so that kinda leave me wanting Stirling away. :(:unsure::(

This inane competition usually end up costing us. If it's midweek best for club finances an away tie to someplace nearby and let them pay the expenses. To be honest I don't even know if the next round is regionalised or not. Obviously don't want another Div 1 side so that kinda leave me wanting Stirling away. :(:unsure::(

The next round is not regionalised, and will be played on the 9th of August, the night before Scotland play Denmark at Hampden.

The next round is not regionalised, which makes no sense as every year the first round on a Saturday is regionalised but the second round is midweek and you could draw Elgin away.

The next round is not regionalised, and will be played on the 9th of August, the night before Scotland play Denmark at Hampden.

The next round is not regionalised, which makes no sense as every year the first round on a Saturday is regionalised but the second round is midweek and you could draw Elgin away.

Defies belief. One week we're congratulating ourselves on getting some money in our coffers thru a friendly. A few weeks later we could be losing a substantial amount on a trip to Elgin or Peterhead. :angry:

If it's at home midweek I'll probably go, if it's away I won't. It really should be scrapped, there is nothing to gain from it whatsoever, I don't even buy into the 'if we got to the final it would be a great day and a chance to win a trophy' arguement. The whole thing is a waste of time.

If it's at home midweek I'll probably go, if it's away I won't. It really should be scrapped, there is nothing to gain from it whatsoever, I don't even buy into the 'if we got to the final it would be a great day and a chance to win a trophy' arguement. The whole thing is a waste of time.

I think it should be scrapped for 1st Div sides and introduce more non senior league teams in place. It could be used as a sounding board for when some sort of pyramid system to end the SFL closed shop comes into play. How can we complain about only one promotion spot out of the SFL when that useless organisation that tolerates the likes of the Challenge Cup doesn't allow for any promotion places?

Annan Athletic v Peterhead

not exactly a local derby

Which shows we were lucky to get an away game just up the road. At least that will cut down on or losses for the tie.

Doesn't exactly stir the blood though does it? At least with the proper cups poor draws are mediated by the possibility - however unlikely - that if you win through you might get a big team and possibly some TV money down the line sometime. But with this cup ... you win the chance to lose more cash.

Full draw

Hamilton Academical v Partick Thistle

Falkirk v Dundee

East Fife v Elgin City

Livingston v Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic v Peterhead

Forfar Athletic v Morton

Dumbarton v Berwick Rangers

Ayr United v Raith Rovers