Best Man/advisor/not Advisor/friend

Jaggernaut

Not saying that corruption rears its ugly head again, but it's difficult to avoid thinking about it when you read all of this stuff:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15287827

I'm rather surprised that among the allegations of "inappropriate" meetings, "mistakes of judgement", and "blurring" of the lines, nobody has yet come out and suggested that it might be a good idea to take a look at transactions relating to Fox's bank accounts, of which I'd expect there are several.

Not saying that corruption rears its ugly head again, but it's difficult to avoid thinking about it when you read all of this stuff:

I'm rather surprised that among the allegations of "inappropriate" meetings, "mistakes of judgement", and "blurring" of the lines, nobody has yet come out and suggested that it might be a good idea to take a look at transactions relating to Fox's bank accounts, of which I'd expect there are several.

Do I have a degree of sympathy for Liam Fox; well of course not, silly question really. In his political life he's a Tory and in my book they deserve everything they get as they are the party of unemployment and misery. They are also as guilty of all the underhand political ducking and diving as the last lot; it's as if one party has morphed into the other to keep up the perceived good work i.e. to blame everyone bar the governing and banking classes for the misery that's being bestowed on many families across the country. I mean, listen to a Tory or Liberal and they'll as much as try to convince you that the public sector lies behind all that's wrong with our economy. But remove him and another will just pop up; plus he's rated so would probably end up resigning, getting a top Euro job before being parachuted in when Dave's ship is beginning to sink; which will probably be some time after November when the public sector start to strike over pensions.

But I guess I do have a degree of sympathy for anyone in public life who's targeted because of their sexual orientation; and I understand some sections of the press are making such attacks. So what if he had a "special friend", who really cares, it's his business and f*** the tabloids. I don't read them but heard a Tory apologist on radio suggesting that the usual red tops were digging the dirt - Fox is apparently a Walter Mitty-type character who claimed to have been a top surgeon and war time jet pilot (Falklands?). F*** knows how's he's claiming any of this is true; but it did raise a smile. Maybe he's related to Jeffrey Archer :thinking: And here was me thinking he was a working class boy from EK made good.

However, if he has been using his office to line the pockets of a mate then, yes, he must go. If that was the original question :unknw: - I confess to have gone on off on one! Not like me as I've been taking the pills...

BTW; this could develop into a good thread!!! :crazy:

Edited by Meister Jag

Corruption? As in financial corruption or as in sexual corruption? I'm going with sexual corruption. As it were...

Without trying to be ambiguous or leaving my comments subject to different strands of interpretation, I think Fox is a dirty, grubby corrupt Tory crook who deserves all the crap that comes his way for being a low-life double dealing typical pocket-lining Tory rascal.

I didn't say he is any of those things, I said I think he is all of them. He is undoubtedly, however, a Tory.

Utterly delighted to see this horrid manifestation of a politician leave himself open to deserved ridicule and leave his rotting corpse of a party to share his shame. Cameron, yer tea's oot. :lol:

Without trying to be ambiguous or leaving my comments subject to different strands of interpretation, I think Fox is a dirty, grubby corrupt Tory crook who deserves all the crap that comes his way for being a low-life double dealing typical pocket-lining Tory rascal.

I didn't say he is any of those things, I said I think he is all of them. He is undoubtedly, however, a Tory.

Utterly delighted to see this horrid manifestation of a politician leave himself open to deserved ridicule and leave his rotting corpse of a party to share his shame. Cameron, yer tea's oot. :lol:

oh dear BJ i see we still have issues over your medication levels again :rolleyes:

Tony Blair is probably worth more than most of the cabinet of "crooks" put together. A guy who's making a fortune telling all the stories about his wars, and his diplomatic ability in the middle east.

A man repeatedly elected by labour tribalists. Whiter than white Blair said you'd be. Aye :lol:

The Tories do not deserve to be branded as crooks. If there are any crooks here, it was those who busted the economy while telling everyone that everything was alright, and things could only get better.............

Tony Blair is probably worth more than most of the cabinet of "crooks" put together. A guy who's making a fortune telling all the stories about his wars, and his diplomatic ability in the middle east.

A man repeatedly elected by labour tribalists. Whiter than white Blair said you'd be. Aye :lol:

The Tories do not deserve to be branded as crooks. If there are any crooks here, it was those who busted the economy while telling everyone that everything was alright, and things could only get better.............

Aw no, there's now two Tory apologists on the forum. You must be really hurting mate. I can't speak for BJ but I somehow feel that he wasn't a fan of New Labour; indeed, I don't think there are many NL supporters on this forum. SNP, yes, quite a few and the odd neo-con liberal-type lapdog. Oh, and at least one empire loyalist WRVS supporter aka comrade Jaggy B!

Agree totally with all your comments about Blair and his cronies btw. Good point well made :thumbsup2:

I of course couldn't agree with you more about the broken sewer that is Tony Blair and some of his cronies. Jeez, I hold Blair in the same esteem that I do Thatcher; probably worse.

Truth be told, I was playing a wee game to see how quickly I could get comrade JB to bite. I was wasn't disappointed with the response time. :D

I of course couldn't agree with you more about the broken sewer that is Tony Blair and some of his cronies. Jeez, I hold Blair in the same esteem that I do Thatcher; probably worse.

Truth be told, I was playing a wee game to see how quickly I could get comrade JB to bite. I was wasn't disappointed with the response time. :D

i am here to keep you happy BJ :thumbsup2:

Aw come on BJ tell us how you really feel, don't hold back. :thumbsup2: