Contact Lenses

hamiltonjag

Been wearing contact lenses since 17th November, and I love them! The continuing problem is getting the fiddly wee bastages to stick to my eyeballs rather than (as seems their inbuilt preference) sticking dilligently to the tip of my right index finger! Anyone got any tips?

Taking them out is a dawdle. Sticking them in continues to be a daily trial with much swearing and rage!

Been wearing contact lenses since 17th November, and I love them! The continuing problem is getting the fiddly wee bastages to stick to my eyeballs rather than (as seems their inbuilt preference) sticking dilligently to the tip of my right index finger! Anyone got any tips?

Taking them out is a dawdle. Sticking them in continues to be a daily trial with much swearing and rage!

Have you tried Bostick?

Had the same problems, when I started using them back in June.

It just takes time I’m afraid. Took me a month or so of wearing them just at the weekends before it became a more streamlined process. Now their in the eyes and im done in no time.

The aim I figured quickly though is to try keep the finger as dry as possible.

Take the lens out the solution with the other middle finger, give it a wee second. And then transfer it to the other finger for putting it in your eye.

Its also about training your eye to not have a flakey as soon as you go near it with your finger. Which again only takes time.

Other advice I have on Contact lenses is don’t wear them for more then 10-12 hours, your eyes will start getting rather red and tired.

And obviously don’t sleep with them in. Which, touch wood, I have managed to avoid as yet. No matter how intoxicated or otherwise engaged I have been late at night.

Been wearing them for moons and still ocassionally i get mornings when they wont go in! lots of solution on the lense and in your eyes usually works :thumbsup2:

Alternatively get monthly or weekly disposables and the cuts down the amount of times u need to phanny about!!

Edited by Chicofan

Been wearing them for over 30 years. Disposables are definately the best way to go, but you need to get a material that won't irritate your eye. Some brands do, some don't, just trial and error and lots of samples.

I find the easiest way is clean them again before putting them in, rinse with saline, then fill the eye surface of the lens with saline. This cushions the lens going in and makes it nmore comfortable.

They are also a godsend for referees :thumbsup2:

Thanks everyone :thumbsup2:

Munkey's suggestion, below, worked a treat this morning. My optician suggested the opposite (i.e. make sure your finger is damp with the saline solution). This morning I kept my finger dry and straight in the lenses went first go. Magic stuff. Cheers mate.

The aim I figured quickly though is to try keep the finger as dry as possible.

Take the lens out the solution with the other middle finger, give it a wee second. And then transfer it to the other finger for putting it in your eye.

Edited by hamiltonjag

Really easy to use contact lenses and ContactLensesExpress deliver fast. I was upset with paying more money to my opticians as they preferred only their own brand. ordering online contact lenses and got 70% discount less than high street prices. Find more tips on contact lenses ordering with caring Contact Lens at rebate prices from http://www.contactlensesexpress.co.uk

Really easy to use contact lenses and ContactLensesExpress deliver fast. I was upset with paying more money to my opticians as they preferred only their own brand. ordering online contact lenses and got 70% discount less than high street prices. Find more tips on contact lenses ordering with caring Contact Lens at rebate prices from http://www.contactlensesexpress.co.uk

doubt they would be cheaper than the current ones I order in from Gibralter? £19 for 6 months supply :thumbsup2:

Mind you, I got fed up of contacts and invested in laser surgery, which was just about the best investment I ever made.

I admire you for going ahead and getting that done. Having qualified as a registered nurse, logic dictates all the advantages, but the squeamish side of me says otherwise. so I stick with the lenses.

Edited by Exiled AusJag