Just In V Boring County

angry gaz

Remember not so long ago we were promised that the JH stand would be for Thistle fans only, for ever?

I remember that well enough. It was broadcast by then chairman McMaster. I seem to mind, tho' not as well as to not ask other posters on here to verify, that shortly after that dictum Albion Rovers fans were housed in the JHS in direct contradiction.

In my way of thinking McMaster's statement was ridiculous. I doubt anyone like myself, who believes atmosphere is enhanced by away support being housed in the north stand as opposed to adjacent to the kiddie's zone, would advocate that to include twenty or so Cowdenbeath fans etc.

Surely once you factor in the likely potential atmosphere it's just common sense which group of fans are placed in the JHS or the north stand? The skill is all in the anticipation.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pathetic and patronising "shed" singing zone at the City End is poor grudgingly-made consolation and no one north of the bing-end 25 yard line can hear any singing anyway (good news for the suits.... if the plebs are singing Mary Fae Maryhill one cannot hear it).

This might be pretty heinous, but I've never once heard a song sung at Firhill other than the ones the Ayr fans were singing the Tuesday night we won 4-2.

To be fair, normally I sit at Stairwell 4/5, but on Saturday we were by Stairwell 2...where exactly is this Shed bit and do they not sing any more?

This might be pretty heinous, but I've never once heard a song sung at Firhill other than the ones the Ayr fans were singing the Tuesday night we won 4-2.

To be fair, normally I sit at Stairwell 4/5, but on Saturday we were by Stairwell 2...where exactly is this Shed bit and do they not sing any more?

'The Shed' is located at the back of the Jackie Husband stand, at the end closest to the Bing (often referred to as 'the city end'). This is where I usually sit, as most songs tend to emanate from that area. However this season - with one or two notable exceptions, such as the home game against Morton in September and Dundee a few weeks back - the amount of singing at Firhill has been very disappointing indeed. Last Saturday was probably the worst so far.

However this season - with one or two notable exceptions, such as the home game against Morton in September and Dundee a few weeks back - the amount of singing at Firhill has been very disappointing indeed. Last Saturday was probably the worst so far.

Just incase I wasn't clear - Saturday was dreadful for atmosphere lol! Actually never been so bored and so fed up in my life! Actually for the 1st time in a while debating whether to go on Saturday!

Getting Jaggy come sit in the shed end it's much better and well despite zero atmosphere at the minute it tends to be good for a laugh!