20 Years Ago

Shiver down my spine when I realised promotion against Forfar was twenty years ago . Great piece on ptfc.co.uk brought back memories of an amazing season . Defeat at home to Dundee , was a bit angry that day and went for some hooligan action ( couldn't fight sleep , but some adrenalin rush when your 17 ) , away day at Montrose seem to remember a thistle fan on the roof of the main stand that day , the anti-climax of the meadowbank game but what an atmosphere and the sheer insanity of the Forfar game , ground full of jags fans ( both sides of the fence ) . Happy days

Is that game not on video anywhere? Would love to see it (well, the celebrations) again.

Slightly different, but today I'm wearing my "Let's Celebrate" Bells 2nd Div Champions t-shirt, the one with a grinning John Lambie holding a bottle of champagne. Good times!

Edited to add: That was season 2000-2001; I need some new clothes!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Shiver down my spine when I realised promotion against Forfar was twenty years ago . Great piece on ptfc.co.uk brought back memories of an amazing season . Defeat at home to Dundee , was a bit angry that day and went for some hooligan action ( couldn't fight sleep , but some adrenalin rush when your 17 ) , away day at Montrose seem to remember a thistle fan on the roof of the main stand that day , the anti-climax of the meadowbank game but what an atmosphere and the sheer insanity of the Forfar game , ground full of jags fans ( both sides of the fence ) . Happy days

I remember the Montrose game. Nelson made a fantastic savein that game to keep us 1up.A few moments before that he almost cost a goal when he came late for a ball which was his and Jim Duffy tearing into him.I think that save was out of sheer terror of Duffy. Yes, there were Jags fans everywhere. Brilliant atmosphere. The game at home to Forfar, my sphincter has never worked so much in my life as it did that day. I jumped from Shed wall to ground at end and didint realise it was so high or that the turf was so hard, and just about broke my legs.I remmeber getting well oiled afterwards in the Star and Garter.

Remember the Montrose game well. Drank in a pub called 'The Duke of Montrose' before the game. Game itself was brilliant if a little nervy. Nelson's save is still one of the best saves I can ever remember seeing. Was on the pitch at full time and got seperated from my lift home. Ended up walking round the streets of Montrose for about an hour looking for my mates car (long before the days of mobile phones) before giving up and getting a train home to Livingston via Edinburgh. We had a supporters club function that night and I ended up walking in at about 10pm to cheers and sarcastic applause. I was nicknamed the Duke of Montrose all summer after that...

Watched the forfar highlights a few times, my dad's got it on video, looked like a quality day

Any chance you could find some way of uploading it? Not seen it in years. I lost my copy. Best day ever! Too many stories to tell about that day. Some/most of them i don't even remember happening!!

Edited by The Main Stand

Any chance you could find some way of uploading it? Not seen it in years. I lost my copy. Best day ever! Too many stories to tell about that day. Some/most of them i don't even remember happening!!

I'm not really into the technical computer stuff, can get videos transferred onto dvds these days pretty easy I think? , then rip onto my computer should hopefully be easy, ach Will try and give it a bash next few days

Edited by Tinyman

One of my best days and nights ever supporting the Jags. We sauntered down to Firhill 10 minutes before the game only to be met with the massive crowds outside. No way were we going to get in the home end so had to opt for the away side of the shed.

On the pitch at the end singing and dancing was a hoot. Then a pub crawl in Maryhill. Star & Garter, Firhill Tavern and Munns. The atmosphere in the Tavern was amazing. Up on tables singing, the barman giving us free pints as we all chanted his name and the added bonus that Celtic failed to qualify for Europe that day just added to the songsheet.

20 Years ago.....FFS

One of my best days and nights ever supporting the Jags. We sauntered down to Firhill 10 minutes before the game only to be met with the massive crowds outside. No way were we going to get in the home end so had to opt for the away side of the shed.

On the pitch at the end singing and dancing was a hoot. Then a pub crawl in Maryhill. Star & Garter, Firhill Tavern and Munns. The atmosphere in the Tavern was amazing. Up on tables singing, the barman giving us free pints as we all chanted his name and the added bonus that Celtic failed to qualify for Europe that day just added to the songsheet.

20 Years ago.....FFS

Was so excited I was one of the first in the ground that day, amazing to see the huge number of Thistle fans flooding in. Was in my usual spot next to the fence and will never forget this day, still my favourite day and night as a Jag. The pen, phew. The Hamilton result coming through as 2-0 and knowing we just had to hold on to what we had, squeaky bum. The lining up around the pitch 5 mins before fulltime and Derek Johnstone saying on the radio "there's no way these Jags fans are being kept of the pitch". Then the whistle that signaled we were going up, dancing around the centre circle on my own as almost everyone else had headed towards the tunnel. I was only 13 or something but got quite drunk that night, too young for pubs but me and my mates (including several OF fans) painted Drumchapel red n yella. Next season, first game at Parkhead and wee Geordie Shaw caused more amazing celebrations among the Jags support. What a time to be a Jag! Will we ever see those days again? Damn right, keep the faith guys n gals :)