Ramsdens Cup Draw

little_miss_jag

What's the point in regionalising the draw when a team from one region might be playing the tie at the ground of another region? Switch it to Firhill if Deadwood aint gona be ready in time...and let Clyde foot the 'home team bills' and get the home teams share of the gate.

Why are there 2 highland league teams this year? How did they qualify?

They were the two teams that finished highest in last season's Highland League who have obtained an SFA club licence. The same thing happened last season. Prior to that, 2 teams received a bye into the 2nd round.

They were the two teams that finished highest in last season's Highland League who have obtained an SFA club licence. The same thing happened last season. Prior to that, 2 teams received a bye into the 2nd round.

Says it all about Scottish football big Glasgow derby between us and Clyde playing in Alloa what a complete farce.Should be at Firhill or somewhere else in around Glasgow either that or give us a bye for heavens sake.

What's the point in regionalising the draw when a team from one region might be playing the tie at the ground of another region? Switch it to Firhill if Deadwood aint gona be ready in time...and let Clyde foot the 'home team bills' and get the home teams share of the gate.

You might as well ask what's the point in the whole competition.

On the subject of region crossing, unfortunately for Brechin they were drawn at home to Dundee and not the other way round. I imagine they'll miss out on a nice big payday at the home of the Cessnock Cesspits when they kick of their new season..

Says it all about Scottish football big Glasgow derby between us and Clyde playing in Alloa what a complete farce.Should be at Firhill or somewhere else in around Glasgow either that or give us a bye for heavens sake.

I agree but a bye would be a wasted opportunity for some extra cash. There are a few alternative venues in or near Glasgow, e.g. Scotstoun or the Excelsior. The Excelsior charges £250 for an eleven a side game including changing facilities. There would be additional costs for our game but there would be a bigger crowd than at Alloa.

I agree but a bye would be a wasted opportunity for some extra cash. There are a few alternative venues in or near Glasgow, e.g. Scotstoun or the Excelsior. The Excelsior charges £250 for an eleven a side game including changing facilities. There would be additional costs for our game but there would be a bigger crowd than at Alloa.

The whole point tho' is the home team pay the costs. We'll get some thing like 40% of the net profit (if any). I don't know whether Clyde are renting by the game or over a fixed period. If it's the latter then there's no point in shifting the venue. Purely on finance I guess PTFC will be relatively happy with this. An away trip to Berwick, Stranraer etc would've been costly and I suspect most home ties would've been loss making as well.

The whole point tho' is the home team pay the costs. We'll get some thing like 40% of the net profit (if any). I don't know whether Clyde are renting by the game or over a fixed period. If it's the latter then there's no point in shifting the venue. Purely on finance I guess PTFC will be relatively happy with this. An away trip to Berwick, Stranraer etc would've been costly and I suspect most home ties would've been loss making as well.

We got around 1,300 at home to Stenny in last season's Ramsden Cup. We should have made some money out of that.