Newco In Sfl1. Time To Crank Up The Pressure? Boycott?

Scotsman Poll - 98% vote for Newco to SFL3 (over 22,000 votes).

Scotsman

Any chance the SPL clubs might 're-assess' the situation and actually vote Newco into the SPL after all on Wednesday, fearing the increasing risk that the SFL clubs won't play ball? They could claim they hadn't fully appreciated the consequences of no Newco for at least three years. They've changed their minds before remember, even after running a ballot!

For what it's worth, Airdrie say they will abstain from any vote. At least it is a stance, of sorts, even though saying it's a conflict of interest is so much keech.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9370478/Rangers-in-crisis-Kyle-Lafferty-reveals-he-made-up-with-Ally-McCoist-before-leaving.html

Edited by beep0608

Scotsman Poll - 98% vote for Newco to SFL3 (over 22,000 votes).

Scotsman

Any chance the SPL clubs might 're-assess' the situation and actually vote Newco into the SPL after all on Wednesday, fearing the increasing risk that the SFL clubs won't play ball? They could claim they hadn't fully appreciated the consequences of no Newco for at least three years. They've changed their minds before remember, even after running a ballot!

Yes, but what about the "unheard voice" of those who want the new co in div1? As some in the media have asked.......... Desperately!

Yes, but what about the "unheard voice" of those who want the new co in div1? As some in the media have asked.......... Desperately!

Given that our support is not monolithic I'd be sure that there are some supporters who would favour the Division 1 option, however before the media get carried away I would expect only a small minority of them to acquese in this fix. .

The one thing I couldn't accept would be the suggestion that our supporters are not financially aware of our clubs perilous financial state. For that they would have to require psychiatric aid, come off it the vast majority of our support understand that Thistle lead very much a hand to mouth existence.

Even so it is my feeling that if the proposed accommodation is reached it will be the death knell for this club.

I can't tell a lie - I won't sleep much tonight worrying about the recently discovered "unheard voice". There are clearly tens of thousands of football fans living in so much fear that they are too scared to press a button on the Scotsman poll in case they are hunted down and yelled at by hot heads and the baying mob. No one should live with this kind of terror and, frankly, something ought to be done about it.

sadly not for reasons of retribution but for "**** the rest of them, lets see how they get on without us" reasons. the point is still missed by them

I don't believe for a moment the majority of them have the least bit of contrition, even tho' they may make appropriate gestures, but certainly doesn't help their Div 1 aspirations.

On that subject it's been reported that any SFL ballot might now be a basic majority vote. Dundee & Airdrie were evidently going to abstain.