New Club Statement

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There would be no reason NOT to say we voted "No" - unless of course we didn't - but this being Thistle, who knows?.

In all the circumstances I am keeping my wallet closed until the club tells me exactly how it voted.

This.

Rahman on STV stating that Hamilton Accies were the team who voted yes in the first divison

By that do you mean the only team in Division 1?

Thats apparently what he said

Nope. He said that he's been informed that they voted yes, not that they were the only team in our division to vote in that way.

Correct DP. For the avoidance of doubt for TL and others, this is the actual wording from Raman:

We're told Hamilton Accies voted for newco to be in division 1. Stenhousemuir & Brechin already stated they'd vote div 1

There would be no reason NOT to say we voted "No" - unless of course we didn't - but this being Thistle, who knows?.

In all the circumstances I am keeping my wallet closed until the club tells me exactly how it voted.

This.

Board meeting last week confirmed that Partick Thistle would vote no to sevco joining division1

Got informed when I inquired about refunding my season ticket

So, if true, informed us of this, why haven't they, hmmm?

They may not want to be explicit since we do share a city populated by fans that may be grossly antagonised by this?

It is a reason....

this is the actual wording from Raman:

We're told Hamilton Accies voted for newco to be in division 1. Stenhousemuir & Brechin already stated they'd vote div 1

But Stenhousemuir have confirmed that they voted for Div3. A lot of hearsay doing the rounds...

that's not a reason, that's an excuse

I don't know how we voted. I'm simply pointing out that the absence of our voting record on the statement doesn't automatically mean that we voted 'yes'. I speculated there may be a reason, and offered a potential one (I realise a weak example).

Slightly Amended Statement PTFC could make .....

Option 1:

At today’s meeting of the SFL members – the clubs voted NO to Sevco Scotland Limited being admitted into the 1st Division and are subsequently been given access to Division 3. The one club who voted Yes for Sevco in 1st Divison was *********.

There was an overwhelming vote against their admission to Division 1, which included Thistle voting No to such an admission, as the club believes in upholding sporting integrity, and listening to its own supporters.

The financial effect of the decision, as yet to be quantified, will have a major effect on Scottish Football and we would request all PTFC fans to get behind the club and give as much support as possible,both financially and from the terraces.

We would also take this opportunity to thank the clubs supporters who have conveyed their views to the board, in vast numbers through email, phone, letter, forums, and other mediums, and their overwhelming united call on PTFC to uphold sporting integrity, follow the rules, and at the maximum, vote for Sevco to gain entry to the SFL no higher than SFL3.

We will continue to press for one Scottish Professional Football Association, Play Offs, League reconstruction and a better financial distribution model, that is in the interest of PTFC and Scottish Football as a whole first and foremost, and not any changes that are for the benefit of one particular club or a small cabal of clubs and organisations which are intent on a football model that favours the few and ignores the majority.

Option 2:

At today’s meeting of the SFL members – the other 29 clubs voted NO to Sevco Scotland Limited being admitted into the 1st Division and are subsequently been given access to Division 3. PTFC were the one club who voted Yes for Sevco in 1st Divison.

There was an overwhelming vote against their admission to Division 1, with Thistle and four other clubs (Brechin, Stenhousemuir, *********** and ********) voting No to such an admission, as the club believes in ignoring sporting integrity, and not listening to its own supporters.

We would also take this opportunity to raise our middle finger to the clubs supporters who have conveyed their views to the board, in vast numbers through email, phone, letter, forums, and other mediums, and their overwhelming united call on PTFC to uphold sporting integrity, follow the rules, and at the maximum, vote for Sevco to gain entry to the SFL no higher than SFL3 - we have decided this club board knows better than all of you, so na-na na-na-na.

The financial effect of the decision by the other dumbass SFL clubs, as yet to be quantified, will have a major effect on Scottish Football and we would request all PTFC fans to get behind the club and give as much support as possible,both financially and from the terraces, as now without the short-term cashcow of Sevco in SFL1, we are seriously brassic.

We will continue to press for one Scottish Professional Football Association, Play Offs, League reconstruction and a better financial distribution model, as we believe it is in the interest of our dear Govan neighbours and Scottish Football as a whole first and foremost, and not any changes that are for the benefit of the majority of clubs or a cabal of clubs and their supporters which are intent on a football model that favours sporting integrity, fair play and financial honesty. You lot can just fk right off.

But Stenhousemuir have confirmed that they voted for Div3. A lot of hearsay doing the rounds...

Ha! Very true !

got the email from maxi so good enough for me

When was the email sent? Are you able to publish it?

Easily done, just copy and paste .....

I haven't got a clue which way we went. I said I thought we'd be a sneaky yes and we're certainly acting shifty since the vote, but it may just be down to some petty stubbornness after the chairman being forced to do an about turn on his stated wishes.

Either way (and one's a lot worse than the other), the handling of this has been an absolute embarrassment.

stv reporting on twitter that we refused to confirm which way we voted.

http://sport.stv.tv/...n-division-one/

"Queen of the South and Hamilton Academical were among the five clubs who voted for newco Rangers to be put into the First Division.

The identities of the other three who voted for the Ibrox club to be put into the second tier of Scottish football are unknown."

The truth will come out over the weekend.

Edited by kni

When was the email sent? Are you able to publish it?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as you can imagine we have had numerous emails on this subject and whilst they have all been read I don’t have the manpower to reply to them all.

I would confirm that should you wish a refund I will organise it for you. I would hope it wont come to that, and following a Board meeting last week it was decided that we would not be voting to allow Newco into division one. Any new proposals we would discuss, however it is highly unlikely that with the meeting only 2 days away we would have enough time to seriously consider any new proposal.

This.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as you can imagine we have had numerous emails on this subject and whilst they have all been read I don’t have the manpower to reply to them all.

I would confirm that should you wish a refund I will organise it for you. I would hope it wont come to that, and following a Board meeting last week it was decided that we would not be voting to allow Newco into division one. Any new proposals we would discuss, however it is highly unlikely that with the meeting only 2 days away we would have enough time to seriously consider any new proposal.

This.

That's all I wanted to hear. Carnarvon Bar here I come.........

1. Given how clear it was the vote was going to fail, any Club voting Yes having not already declared intent to is stupid even from a Machavellian perspective.

2. How difficult can it really be to say "we, Partick Thistle, voted Yes" or "we, Partick Thistle, voted No". Failure to say the latter means everyone will think you did the former ANYWAY so if you did vote Yes people think you're cowards, and if you didn't then you're wasting a massive opportunity to boost your fan relations, morale and season ticket sales!

Pish communication at best, and a pish excuse for representing the football club and the fans it exists to entertain at worst.

Just checked the OS again in the vain hope that the error in this comms had been corrected.

NO

There is more substance in the summer camp article than in this monumental decision

Incredible gutlessness... I think I'm ragin'

Edited by Shuggie