Scottish Cup

kearny_jag

I think most Highland sides replay their Scottish Cup games 7 days after the initial game. I´ll be at Firhill on November 10th to watch Jags v Dunfermline. Would this game be postponed if we draw at home to Cove 7 days earlier? :thinking:

I'd imagine so. We replayed our game against Culter 7 days after we drew with them last season.

I am quite interested in the Dumbarton v East Stirlingshire tie. East Stirlingshire are apparently the weakest side in the SFL, but I hope an upset against the winless SFL1 side, to add more misery to Dumbarton. I hope that Dumbarton will end winless in the SFL1.

And if there were not PTFC's game, I would attend Ibrox to support Alloa Athletic.

I'd imagine so. We replayed our game against Culter 7 days after we drew with them last season.

I think that cup replay should be abolished. On this board someone told me that there was a rule that draw games were decided by the number of corners in the Glasgow Cup. That rule should be re-introduced.

I am quite interested in the Dumbarton v East Stirlingshire tie. East Stirlingshire are apparently the weakest side in the SFL, but I hope an upset against the winless SFL1 side, to add more misery to Dumbarton. I hope that Dumbarton will end winless in the SFL1.

And if there were not PTFC's game, I would attend Ibrox to support Alloa Athletic.

Why the hatred for Dumbarton Sigey?

Have you ever been their? Lively big rock you can climb up

I think that cup replay should be abolished. On this board someone told me that there was a rule that draw games were decided by the number of corners in the Glasgow Cup. That rule should be re-introduced.

Really? Just think about this for a second. Last 10 mins of a tied game, with both teams having conceded a similar number of corners. The teams would stop trying to score in favour of the easier option of trying to win corners. Much of the game's remainder would take place around the corner flags. I suggest that this would not improve the game as a spectator sport.

Cove don't seem to have a website, the Wiki page has a squad list as of 5 August 2012. Normally when you play these teams there's one guy you thought had chucked it 10 years ago still clattering about, but the only name I recognised was Ryan Stott, googled it and he's the boy who scored against us (and missed the late sitter) for Culter last year.

Glad we've got this at home, as it could have been another Culter if it was away. While we mustn’t be complacent, we should have few problems against them at Firhill, and hopefully the match will serve as a nice confidence boost before the big one against Dunfermline.

I saw them play Glasgow Uni at Garscube in the cup last year.

They ran out convincing winners (4-0 I think) but they didn't have any standouts and certainly shouldn't pose us any problems at Firhill.

Couple of midfielders who put it about and this is pretty much what beat the Uni boys who couldn't cope with the physical side of it.

Wouldn't imagine we'll have any problems with Murray and Paton though!