Steven Craig

Santana

Disagree. I think he is developing into a more than useful attack minded player. The goals will come, you'll see!

I think he's a useful player to have supporting someone like Doolan or Craig (or even Lawless and Erskine), but as an out-and-out goal scorer he's not there yet. Not that we really need him to be right now.

Be good to keep Stevie, just my opinion and I know a few of you will say I'm being harsh, but I don't think Elliot/McGuigan are good enough at this level - not to say they won't be, and I'm more than happy to go with Jackie's instincts, he knows what he's doin, but normally I would fear the worst for us with no Doolan, but with Craig in the team, we're not really any weaker. They are different types of player, but both effective and both have got goals.

Doolan is prob still the better player, but Craig is great competition for him. Be interesting to see what Jackie does at Falkirk. Dools came on and looked lively, got a goal. But Craig is playing well.

What a fantastic problem to have.

Keep the faith with Elliott and McGuigan. Dools clearly benefitted enormously from his loan spell, and it might be the same for McGuigan. Elliott hasn't even had any kind of loan spell, and yet he's looking like a handful for defenders when he's come on recently. It might turn out that he's not an out-and-out striker. Not so long ago some folk were still on Erskine's back, but look at him now.

Keep the faith with Elliott and McGuigan. Dools clearly benefitted enormously from his loan spell, and it might be the same for McGuigan. Elliott hasn't even had any kind of loan spell, and yet he's looking like a handful for defenders when he's come on recently. It might turn out that he's not an out-and-out striker. Not so long ago some folk were still on Erskine's back, but look at him now.

jackie said in his EEOS meet the manager that the difference between elliot and craig is experiance, elliot has the energy and skill but craig knows when to back in, generly annoy and put off defenders

Christie is a decent player and I think he may better deployed in a wide attacking role. He does some good holding up play. He just seems to be struggling in the goals front. He doesn't seem to find the right places at times and when he does his decision making maybe let's him down. I'm sure its something him and the coaching staff are working on. For me I would have Craig and Doolan through the middle ahead of Elliot for now.

When Elliot came on yesterday Doolan got shifted out wide and Elliot went through the middle. Then we stopped scoring although the game was well won by then.

It's nice to quibble about minor points at the moment :)