Jags Legend In Dig At The Club!

Lindau

OK legend should read bell-end but he does make a valid point imo!!!

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/johnhillcoat/2010/07/clubs-hold-all-aces-in-player-poker-game.html#more

They pulled a flanker big time ...

The club did nothing illegal, and Hillcoat is implying the club did something that was not above board. Those let go and re-hired were at the end of their contracts, IIRC. I'm sure there's been an unwritten understanding between the manager, club and players that they would be re-hired. I also assume they've been made aware of the possibility they may not be re-hired.

Many, many clubs will have done this. I wonder why Hillcoat, who is a minor character in Thistle's recent history, chose the Jags to make an example.

The club did nothing illegal, and Hillcoat is implying the club did something that was not above board. Those let go and re-hired were at the end of their contracts, IIRC. I'm sure there's been an unwritten understanding between the manager, club and players that they would be re-hired. I also assume they've been made aware of the possibility they may not be re-hired.

Many, many clubs will have done this. I wonder why Hillcoat, who is a minor character in Thistle's recent history, chose the Jags to make an example.

Possibly because most of the readers would know the players he mentioned rather saying Joe Bloggs of Whatever Utd

Off hand I dont know of any club that freed a player in May that has re-signed them again for this season never mind 3 players!!. Agreed, if the players sign a contract that says their wages will stop at the last game of the season, fair enough, but he surely has a point re holiday money after being employed by a company for a "football" year

Edited by Lindau

I am sure I read that the Players Union have had close look at the Thistle senario and we seem to be the club that has started this ball rolling in this country. Again, just my opinion, but yet another own goal by the board. Hardly gonna entice a half decent player to the club. But of course we dont have money for that anyway, so what does it matter!!!

A decent move from the club, we let 3 players go Maxi, Sid, Hinchy that we have resigned, say they were on average £400pw each, so £1200 pw total, we resigned them 8 weeks later on, saving of £9600. Wht pay guys to caoch/play when ther eis no one to coach or games to play?

This will become standard practice at most lower levels clubs, 10 month deal July to April, with options to resign, or 2 year deals with reduced summer wages.

Yes we run the risk of some of the guys signing back on but lets be honest there is a glut of employable players out there , that a lot of players will be happy to accept the terms.

The saving made of £9600 equates to about 32 full price adult supporters at every home match this season

This will become standard practice at most lower levels clubs, 10 month deal July to April, with options to resign, or 2 year deals with reduced summer wages.

Thats gonna create a few problems if we have games in May!!!!

That's hilarious. Only a footballer would complain about this. He says our squad played for 10 months of the year? They get paid to play football! If we are going to get statistical, they do very few hours for a their money. They don't have to sign for us again and the club are under no obligation to resign them. Hillcoat is actually implying that the club has done something illegal and it up to a player to sue us. They have done nothing wrong. The only lawsuit in this is defamation in his article suggesting that the club would contract or not contract players illegally. I'm so tired of footballers shooting their mouths off for a few quid from a shite paper like the daily record. It is a commentary on Scottish society that people pay for newspapers like this, and use them to 'educate' themselves. In Scotland, there is actual demand for pathetic articles like this and the Daily Record are pissing themselves laughing at the fact they only have to pay John ******* Hillcoat to fill their pages, rather than an actual journalist who might command a larger fee for an article worth reading to someone more intelligent than your average Scottish footballer.

Edited by PaleGreySky

That's hilarious. Only a footballer would complain about this. He says our squad played for 10 months of the year? They get paid to play football! If we are going to get statistical, they do very few hours for a their money. They don't have to sign for us again and the club are under no obligation to resign them. Hillcoat is actually implying that the club has done something illegal and it up to a player to sue us. They have done nothing wrong. The only lawsuit in this is defamation in his article suggesting that the club would contract or not contract players illegally. I'm so tired of footballers shooting their mouths off for a few quid from a shite paper like the daily record. It is a commentary on Scottish society that people pay for newspapers like this, and use them to 'educate' themselves. In Scotland, there is actual demand for pathetic articles like this and the Daily Record are pissing themselves laughing at the fact they only have to pay John ******* Hillcoat to fill their pages, rather than an actual journalist who might command a larger fee for an article worth reading to someone more intelligent than your average Scottish footballer.

:clapping: totally agree!

Now lets sue the Daily Record...I reckon about £1.3m should cover it :D

• Members
The Jags squad played for around 10 months of the year without being granted holidays or wages to compensate for being cut loose in summer.

That just wouldn't be tolerated in any other line of work.

Plenty of contractors work like this all the time John. It's called life.

Wow. Sorry. I just re-read the above quote. 'wages to compensate for being cut loose in summer'? Is that a joke? It's not just tolerated in EVERY other line of work, it's what's fair! Why the **** should thistle pay wages for someone who's contract has run out!? If they agree a contract and it expires, and we happen to offer them another contract with a gap between the two, where is the obligation to pay wages for a person who is neither working nor an employee of the club. This article is pretty sickeningly ignorant.

hillcoat is without doubt the worst collumnist ever in the history of football, why pay any attention to what he says?

read his column first few weeks he was in paper, was just a collection of anecdotes about players with nicknames doing "zany shit" in the dressing room...

"yes, me and big chugger mcgraw glued big choppers toes together when he fell asleep on the team bus once...what a to-do!!!..."

"yes, once me and big danny "hard-as-nails" smith hid wee sammy "the snake" clellands socks...what a to-do!!...."

"what a to-do one day in the dressing room, when the gaffer couldn't find his favourite mug for drinking his coffee, little did he know big cruncher mcdougall had stole it...what a to-do!..."

**** off hillcoat ya w@nk

I am sure I read that the Players Union have had close look at the Thistle senario and we seem to be the club that has started this ball rolling in this country. Again, just my opinion, but yet another own goal by the board. Hardly gonna entice a half decent player to the club. But of course we dont have money for that anyway, so what does it matter!!!

Seems our Board can do no right !! Funny, I haven't heard any complaining from the 4 players involved and indeed, they all seemed very happy to re sign so where is the problem ?

What annoys me about this piece of sh*t journalism is the usual simplification of the situation. To my knowledge, we realeased three players and told two more they were free to find new clubs (but I assume they were still under contract and being paid). However anyone casually reading this article would believe we had realease ALL our playing staff -

"They pulled a flanker big time as they freed their players at the end of last season and told them they would re-sign them in time for the start of the new campaign."

This just isn't the case.

We did nothing wrong, and in the case of Jackie he wasn't even our player to release - he was on loan last season, a free agent in the summer, and he is a new signing for the coming season.

I'm sure Sid, IM and CH knew the situation was going to arise and as somebody said previously, they have all happily resigned and nobody is complaining.

hillcoat is without doubt the worst collumnist ever in the history of football, why pay any attention to what he says?

read his column first few weeks he was in paper, was just a collection of anecdotes about players with nicknames doing "zany shit" in the dressing room...

"yes, me and big chugger mcgraw glued big choppers toes together when he fell asleep on the team bus once...what a to-do!!!..."

"yes, once me and big danny "hard-as-nails" smith hid wee sammy "the snake" clellands socks...what a to-do!!...."

"what a to-do one day in the dressing room, when the gaffer couldn't find his favourite mug for drinking his coffee, little did he know big cruncher mcdougall had stole it...what a to-do!..."

**** off hillcoat ya w@nk

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A few seasons ago when Oxford United were chasing a League 2 play-off place it transpired that the chairman and sole proprietor (Firoz Kassam) had signed several players only to the end of the league season.

When it looked like the club were going to make the play-offs and that those players would be out of contract he offered them a two-week extension. The players, of course, told him to get lost and, unsurprisingly, the club dropped out of the play-off positions.

So the point is that if we only sign players up to the end of May, they are free to join other clubs in between if they get an offer. So we are playing fast and loose here.