Thistle To Rangers

Big Welshy

Colin McAdam. The miserable thieving scumbags..... Don't get me started.

I had forgotten about McAdam and McKinnon. I always like McKinnon. Wikipedia says that Rangers paid £30k for McKinnon but £165k for McAdam! Where did that money go?

I had forgotten about McAdam and McKinnon. I always like McKinnon. Wikipedia says that Rangers paid £30k for McKinnon but £165k for McAdam! Where did that money go?

The Beast was the first tribunal case with Bertie Auld demanding £500,000!! Brilliant piece of business :P

Ask McMaster

The season before Colin McAdam was sold to Rangers, we transferred Jim Melrose & Doug Somner for reported fees of £220,000 & £100,000 respectively. So that was nearly half a million in transfer fees within 12 months.

That was in the era of Miller Reid as Chairman...nothing whatsoever to do with Brown McMaster.

The question of what happened to the money remains a good one. Or more pertinently, why do Thistle seem perennially to be more cash-stapped than other similar clubs?

The season before Colin McAdam was sold to Rangers, we transferred Jim Melrose & Doug Somner for reported fees of £220,000 & £100,000 respectively. So that was nearly half a million in transfer fees within 12 months.

That was in the era of Miller Reid as Chairman...nothing whatsoever to do with Brown McMaster.

The question of what happened to the money remains a good one. Or more pertinently, why do Thistle seem perennially to be more cash-stapped than other similar clubs?

So is Jim Melrose, at £220,000, our record transfer receipt?

Ah, thought he was 200k for some reason.

Yeah, I'm sure it was £200k as well. I also thought Jim Melrose went for nearer £100k and McAdam for £65k

could be right re Mo, I thought 'or was it £200k' after I posted. Either way, I think he is our record outgoing transfer.