Strips And Merchandise For Next Season

kni

PT, you seem to be suggesting that the quality of Joma strips are far superior to the Puma strips we have had. This contradicts everything I have heard from supporters of clubs whose gear has been supplied by Joma in the past. The puma strips I own (two goalie strips, one home top and three away tops) are all brilliant quality and to me are very comfortable and durable, the best we have had since Secca whose strips were surprisingly brilliant.

PT, you seem to be suggesting that the quality of Joma strips are far superior to the Puma strips we have had. This contradicts everything I have heard from supporters of clubs whose gear has been supplied by Joma in the past. The puma strips I own (two goalie strips, one home top and three away tops) are all brilliant quality and to me are very comfortable and durable, the best we have had since Secca whose strips were surprisingly brilliant.

Agreed!

Queen's Park's Joma strips were almost see-thru last season.

There does appear to be some rewriting of history within this thread.

Again, you are misunderstanding. when talking about the quality of the Joma product i think i've been discussing the casual range, not the strips.

both.

Where and how was the market research undertaken, under what medium, and number of participants?

I ask as I do not recall seeing or being aware of any fans survey or research by means of announcements or invitations to take part, either through the programme, club website or any social media or forums, or use of the clubs email database.

How so?

I was agreeing with your point about the perceived contradiction in relation to joma being far superior to puma, based on peoples past comments about puma quality and also those of other clubs supporters opinions on joma quality (and its, where given, comparison to puma in their opinion) .

Edited by LawleffErskeneDoohlan_Inc

Where and how was the market research undertaken, under what medium, and number of participants?

I ask as I do not recall seeing or being aware of any fans survey or research by means of announcements or invitations to take part, either through the programme, club website or any social media or forums, or use of the clubs email database.

No disrespect but is this for real?

our kit supplier launches some polo shirts and trackies and you want to drill down on the specifics of what type of market research was undertaken?

just for reference, none of the above.

I was agreeing with your point about the perceived contradiction in relation to joma being far superior to puma, based on peoples past comments about puma quality and also those of other clubs supporters opinions on joma quality (and its, where given, comparison to puma in their opinion) .

Ah right, thought you were suggesting I was the one rewriting history.

Anyhow, reading through this thread it does seem to just be one misunderstanding of a point after another :confused1:

No disrespect but is this for real?

our kit supplier launches some polo shirts and trackies and you want to drill down on the specifics of what type of market research was undertaken?

just for reference, none of the above.

Usually when someones starts off with "no disrespect, but", it usually is, but whatever.

I'm purely being curious as to what the market research entailed. Rather than me asking questions, and getting answers of no substance or clarification perhaps it would be easier for you to simply state how many people participated in the market research and a rough summary of their demographic.

Thank you.

So what did the research reveal and which merchandise did you recommend?

see my earlier post about getting involved in bloody drawn out conversations about the inner workings of the stitch length of the seam of the shorts and what the results were of the market research that took place and what exactly i recomended....

Just so you know i provided recomendations based on what i thought would sell. pretty much everything that was available in a Thistle related colour, i looked at and offered around 12 lines i believe. some had already been decided on, some hadn't and hopefully will be.

some lines aren't directly thistle specific colours, but you need that in the range aswell...

look at the grey hoody... one of the most popular "bumming about the house" on a sunday items of clothing is a grey hoody and a pair of old joggies... a Thistle version is available...

i think a lot of folk should maybe wait until the strip launch before they start concluding their opinion of the casual range.

Usually when someones starts off with "no disrespect, but", it usually is, but whatever.

I'm purely being curious as to what the market research entailed. Rather than me asking questions, and getting answers of no substance or clarification perhaps it would be easier for you to simply state how many people participated in the market research and a rough summary of their demographic.

Thank you.

i've no idea. but as i said the options you suggested weren't the options they took for research purposes.

research can be taken from many sources... this forum, Greaves sales history, personal contact with the club... TTL themselves have worked with quite a few scottish clubs, so they can pull research from their sales history with these clubs... take for example last season, the best selling st johnstone casual top had neither blue or white in it. would they be foolish to ignore that? of course they would.

just because you didn't see someone with a clipboard doesn't mean to say both parties didn't pull on data to assist them in compiling a range.

see my earlier post about getting involved in bloody drawn out conversations about the inner workings of the stitch length of the seam of the shorts and what the results were of the market research that took place and what exactly i recomended....

Just so you know i provided recomendations based on what i thought would sell. pretty much everything that was available in a Thistle related colour, i looked at and offered around 12 lines i believe. some had already been decided on, some hadn't and hopefully will be.

some lines aren't directly thistle specific colours, but you need that in the range aswell...

look at the grey hoody... one of the most popular "bumming about the house" on a sunday items of clothing is a grey hoody and a pair of old joggies... a Thistle version is available...

i think a lot of folk should maybe wait until the strip launch before they start concluding their opinion of the casual range.

I'm not looking for silly details, just an interested in what the fans want and are likely to get. No harm in asking is there?

I'm not looking for silly details, just an interested in what the fans want and are likely to get. No harm in asking is there?

no harm in asking at all. i've answered the question regarding research.

i think from reading this forum and talking to folk at the games you know what remit they had to work with... as for what else is to come... i can't say obviously.