Firhillista

...he's an arse. Ok,, not a Thistle player and not likely to be any time soon, but having watched him again last night, I've just got to get this out of my system - how can such a brilliant player be such a diving wee shite?!

All that talent and he spends his time rolling about like he's been shot. Arghhh!

...he's an arse. Ok,, not a Thistle player and not likely to be any time soon, but having watched him again last night, I've just got to get this out of my system - how can such a brilliant player be such a diving wee shite?!

All that talent and he spends his time rolling about like he's been shot. Arghhh!

Mate cheating's an admirable quality, it shows a will to win. cheats are life's go go getters! they want to make something from their lives! footballs a results business so if ur not doing everything to ensure your a victory for your team, then you're falling outwith the remit of your job specification, and should be pulled up for it. I'd hate it if one of my players had the opportunity to win a pen and didnt dive for it n we didnt win. i'd be ragin. what u gonna say 'its a moral victory beacuse i didn't dive?!!!'of course not!The worlds not a beautiful place, people who want results will get it at the expense of the weak. no 1 remembers 2nd place, u do what u have to do, live in the real world n grow up

Mate cheating's an admirable quality, it shows a will to win. cheats are life's go go getters! they want to make something from their lives! footballs a results business so if ur not doing everything to ensure your a victory for your team, then you're falling outwith the remit of your job specification, and should be pulled up for it. I'd hate it if one of my players had the opportunity to win a pen and didnt dive for it n we didnt win. i'd be ragin. what u gonna say 'its a moral victory beacuse i didn't dive?!!!'of course not!The worlds not a beautiful place, people who want results will get it at the expense of the weak. no 1 remembers 2nd place, u do what u have to do, live in the real world n grow up

If that's the real world, you can keep it. And who ever thought that football was 'the real world'? My point is that Naymar doesn't have to cheat - he's going to win free kicks anyway because he's so good at taking the ball past players. And as for gaining results at the expense of the weak - didn't they try that in Germany in the thirties and forties? How did that work out? Maybe I'm just an old romantic, but I don't want to watch the beautiful game being tarnished - unnecessarily - by a diving wee shite who should know better.

• Like 2

Cheating certainly helped Germany in 1954, if you consider being jacked up on methamphetamine to be cheating. Sounds like a fun afternoon to me!

That's nothing compared to football players doping in Spain and Italy. Why do you think that the court ordered Fuentes's blood bags to be destroyed?

Pep Guardiola tested positive twice for nanadrolone (a steroid) in October and November 2001 when he played for Brescia in Italy. He got a suspended 7 month prison sentence overturned on appeal. His "explanation" was simply accepted by the Italian authorities. Jaap Stam and Frank de Boer also tested positive for nandrolone that year...

That's nothing compared to football players doping in Spain and Italy. Why do you think that the court ordered Fuentes's blood bags to be destroyed?

Pep Guardiola tested positive twice for nanadrolone (a steroid) in October and November 2001 when he played for Brescia in Italy. He got a suspended 7 month prison sentence overturned on appeal. His "explanation" was simply accepted by the Italian authorities. Jaap Stam and Frank de Boer also tested positive for nandrolone that year...

Even if the doping subject has nothing to do with the thread title, I´ll give it a go here.

In truth it is something that has to do with the country´s philosophy itself. UK is a more restrictive country than Spain is. Here you get away with things that would get you in trouble in the UK. I´m telling you nothing new, just see what Brits do here that they don´t dare to do at home. Doping is no exception. Doping prosecution is up to a minimum here. In Spain, authorities need to get a grip with that.

Here you can shout at a black player and get away with it. In reverse, I was not surprised years ago when a guy besides me at Loftus Road, insulting one of his own players, got lectured by police at half time. "You are lucky you have a young boy besides you, shut-up during the second half otherwise you´ll be on your way to the police station" he was told. He didn´t even say hello during those 45 minutes.

Did you know 2010 & 2011 each had 800,000plus offences in England & Wales(Scotland has its own figures)? In Spain, that figure rose up to 250k only in each of the two years. That explains what I´m saying in the first paragraph, offenders have it easier here.

In a sense, Neymar´s cheating is no different. He gets away with it in Brazil and he´ll get away with it in Spain next season but he wouldn´t get away with it so easily if he was to play week in week out in the UK.

Interesting points, Spanish Jag!

Do Real and Barca still have huge debts?

Yes they have, but they have never been told to convert into plc like everyone else. They are not a company and don´t need to explain their debt.

Meanwhile, Second Division Guadalajara, debt-free, two seasons into their professional football tenure, have been relegated one division because they have not been able to comply to the rules and convert into plc. Comply to the rules? They are different rules if you are called RM or FCB ,you know.

I´d rather go to Arbroath and stand in the terrace besides the sea on a windy, rainy January night than give a penny to these vomitive ugly sisters.

• Like 1

That Neymar is a scum bag. I'll always hold that Brazil friendly at the Arsenal stadium against him. His carry on almost ruined a great day for a lot of people. It was really funny seeing the Brazilians and Italians trying to out-cheat each other the other night.

Neymar is a diver and a show boater but he looks a fantastic talent.

The modern game is full of cheats and divers all over the world and Neymar is just one of many.

Looking forward to seeing how he does at Barca

Edited by billko

Yes they have, but they have never been told to convert into plc like everyone else. They are not a company and don´t need to explain their debt.

Meanwhile, Second Division Guadalajara, debt-free, two seasons into their professional football tenure, have been relegated one division because they have not been able to comply to the rules and convert into plc. Comply to the rules? They are different rules if you are called RM or FCB ,you know.

I´d rather go to Arbroath and stand in the terrace besides the sea on a windy, rainy January night than give a penny to these vomitive ugly sisters.

i despise them both too mate, franco's team and the moaning catalan big time charlies get away with everything. death to the manky two. i got abuse shouted at me walking thru madrid so many times because i was wearing my athletic bilbao top. just thru the town, old women and kids alike. same in barca. thought barca wid have been brothers in the struggle with the basques, but sorry it's not Edited by The Mighty Quinn