Celtic Thinking Of Banning Green Brigade

AtronBomb

If people don't want to read things about Celtic don't open the threads.

The North Stand fiasco has pissed off huge numbers of our support to varying degrees. In simple terms I am looking forward to this season less than I shouild be because of what has happened.

This is an entirely valid and relevant topic to discuss on a Thistle forum.

• Like 2

The only question I want answered is... Where the hell do they get the money for these huge flags/banners?

I could be wide of the mark but from what I've heard it's partly board subsidised.

Makes a mockery of them 'thinking' of banning them.

For those not happy with this thread, as already been pointed out, it is relevant as we've been moved to accommodate this shower. Old firm fans are indeed arrogant, many think they're above the law in the football supporter sense & decisions like the one the PTFC directors took enhances that.

The other thing that does is Celtic BoD coming out publicly & saying they're 'thinking' of... Whereas reality is they won't.

In meantime folk like these continue to impact on PTFC fans.

How?

The songs we can/cannot sing.

The filming of fans at away games.

Where we can & cannot sit.

The prices we are charged to watch certain games.

& that's probably the tip of the iceberg!!

Absolute nonsense, numerous pages and posts DEDICATED to Celtic and the Green Brigade have no place or relevance on a PTFC forum.

Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly has a wee hidden soft spot for the East End morons.

Who are you to decide what can and can't be discussed amongst Thistle fans? You're either trolling or a moron, either way don't open the threads.

Naff off.

• Like 4

The only question I want answered is... Where the hell do they get the money for these huge flags/banners?

they make them themselves but it does cost a lot... they tend to get the money through doing fundraising drives like race nights, benefit gigs and so on. In their early days they got some help from the more established aberdeen group, the now disbanded red ultras.. they had been doing that stuff for a fair few years before them but by them coaching them i think allowed the green brigade to hit the ground running as it were...

Edited by mrD

GB9 ..... thanks for your explanation, but it does seem strange you asked for the thread to be deleted a couple of times, yet continued to post in it, and several days later you were (one of, if not the) last poster in the "visit of celtic" thread, where you posted 4 or 5 times, with images of the GB 'artwork' around Glasgow. Doesn't quite add up.

But you have your reasons, and whats done is done. Although i do find it highly questionable why a thread can be deleted on request of one person (the OP) just because they didn't like how the thread turned out (despite your own stoking of the fires of it with said "artwork" posts). If that became the norm on here, where threads deleted entirely because of OPs not liking what others said in response, it would be a forum that would soon be barren of posters.

Good recent posts Trotter (3) and Uberteeb (2) ..... agree wholeheartedly.

Absolute nonsense, numerous pages and posts DEDICATED to Celtic and the Green Brigade have no place or relevance on a PTFC forum.

Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly has a wee hidden soft spot for the East End morons.

Absolute Nonsense. See Uberteebs response for further clarity.

In addition though:

1) how does condemning the actions of CFCplc and the GB, and their overall moronic vile bigoted support, show that such posters have a " wee hidden soft spot" for them?

2) by your logic, anyone condemning the actions of RFC RIH or TRFC and their zombie followers and their overall moronic vile bigoted support, does this show that such posters have a " wee hidden soft spot" for the other arse cheek too?

I'd rather neither of them existed, but while they exist, and continue to affect PTFC as a club, or its supporters, or scottish football as an entity, i reserve the right to not only hold an opinion on them, but to voice it where and when and how i like, and will continue to do so, with every fibre of this old being.

If that, in your eyes means you think i have a wee hidden soft spot for EITHER of them, then one of us is most definitely a moron (your word, not mine), but i'll let you work out who is the moron.

they make them themselves but it does cost a lot... they tend to get the money through doing fundraising drives like race nights, benefit gigs and so on. In their early days they got some help from the more established aberdeen group, the now disbanded red ultras.. they had been doing that stuff for a fair few years before them but by them coaching them i think allowed the green brigade to hit the ground running as it were...

I feel dirty and scarred for life now.

Upon reading pt's question, i googled green brigade, went to their site and looked at the front page, the merch page and one other ..... quickly shut the tab ..... what a f*cking vile lot they are ..... seems as mrD says, fundraisers is one of their main (public) incomes. The price of their merchandise is, lets say, on the high side (so clearly high profit margins). I have also heard that part of their funding (allegedly, cough) comes from other, lets say, less reputable and lawful sources.

I should say that my knowledge of green brigade is more their earlier days as i knew one of their founders. So i wouldn't be able to comment on how they fund their displays now or the state of play with their relationship with the celtic club aside from making guesses. I would be surprised though if they had to aquire funding from dodgy ends, i think they have enough reach within the celtic support (eg celtic supporters clubs and so on) to be able to get good enough funding from legal streams...

Some one on pie and bovril posted a link to a green brigade page and there quite a few comments from Celtic fans on the page getting tore in, calling them an embarrassment and telling them not to sing pro IRA songs etc. I thought that was interesting

Quite a few Celtic fans I know have similar feelings towards them. Initially they welcomed the Green Brigade, as they apparently brought a bit of colour and added to the atmosphere at Parkhead. But eventually, as it became more and more about 'what banner have the Green Brigade got today', almost to the point where it eclipsed the actually match, they grew a bit sick of them.

Oh dear. I find this sort of thinking quite disturbing, I'm sad to say.

• Like 2

"We're thinking of banning the Green Brigade."... What? Just like David Murray snuffed out any hint of sectarian/political bias at ibrox with his body blow statement to the old rangers @rseh0le support "the ftp brigade are not welcome here". .....

Not a f**kin chance. Canute was more likely to hold back the sea.

If you really want to turn your back to the numbskulls who peddle their obscure brand of loyalty, faith, and morality at these two "football clubs" ( and i use that term with quite some reluctance), then choose another team.

There are too many of them, willing to devote vast sums of money and time, to keep these diseased institutions alive. It has been shown with the passing of rangers, and by Fergus McCann at parkhead, that the shambolic "minority" are of sufficient size and value for people with business sense to excuse and exploit their blind faith and exclusive attitudes.

Leave them to it. Let them sing what they want. Let them shout what they want. If they cause harm or destruction, call on the law to catch and prosecute them.

"We're thinking of banning the green brigade", quite simply, yet another fatuous P.R. statement which will no doubt be backed up with a financial statement pleading praise for throwing cash at "anti-sectarian" football fundays.

Lotta p1sh!!!!

:fan:

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz

I know, I should just avoid reading these threads. I just think it is disappointing that Jags fans are, frankly, showing themselves to be rather obsessed with the Celtic "support", their troublemakers, sectarian views, etc etc. Dozens of pages of argument about it. They are visiting us twice this season, as are ten other teams, and while I am aware that they're a headache because of the Youth Cup damage and the North Stand fiasco (which the club handled badly), all this talk about what they might do, who their biggest nutters are, etc etc. is just chronically painful. No wonder they have such a high opinion of themselves - if 'wee teams' fans like us are spending so long talking about them. They don't deserve to be discussed. If they misbehave then there will hopefully be action and no doubt a fierce debate at that point.

Just my opinion and obviously plenty disagree and have much to say on the worst elements of this nearby team's "fans". I'll step away now and continue to read the stuff about PTFC....

There is plenty to be obsessed about! Should their outrageous behaviour not be challenged and that they are allowed to ride roughshod over Scottish football? Aided and abetted by their friends in the media of course!

No, what people are doing, is using their right of free speech (well, that's when admin mods let us) to shine a light on the green arse cheeks vile beliefs, songs, supporters, board, club and existence, and airing their own personal views and concerns about them relating to how it can (and does) affect scotland as a society, PTFC as a club, and the impact and consequences of such when that club visits firhill (or we have to go to east end) has on PTFC supporters.

Or are we just not supposed to air our views on" how nasty/stupid/offensive they are and how they caused damage and may do so again" (be it the green arse cheek, the dead blue one, the new zombie blue one, or ANY club or its supporters for that matter) and be happyclappers and only post positive things about ptfc and nothing else?

Whichever idiot(s) invented forums should be shot eh?

Surely the moderators of this forum are duty-bound to explain why a such a heated and controversial thread was deleted. If nothing is forthcoming then what is the point of the Forum?

If I were a journalist this is how I would report this story..... "Celtic are thinking of banning the Green Brigade. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha."

• Like 1

Fair shout, I'm just a bit pissed off at the continued publicity these arse cheeks get and the fact they are comIng to our patch and basically taking over annoys me.

However you are absolutely correct if people wish to discuss the Green Brigade on this forum then do be it, I should just ignore it, democracy and all that.

Apologies

• Like 2