Strength Of Jags Squad

ayrshire jag

What a fantastic result today.

A look at our bench plus those not even stripped for action, Gabriel, McMillan (injured), Elliot, Mukendi, just demonstrates how well we have done in our signings, know it will be a long season but for me the trick will be for Archie & Shaggy keeping those not playing regular happy at Firhill.

Finally notice Tannadice mob gave Erskine a torrid time , may be Chris will be home soon?

AJ

Strongest Firhill squad in years and the bonus is that most are signed up for next year as well. I am delighted with the squad but would be great if we could get Stevie and Aaron to sign new contracts as they are gonna be targets for other teams in the January window. The board should be pushing the boat out now to get them signed up, while the feelgood factor is going through the roof at Firhill

Edited by Lindau

Strongest Firhill squad in years and the bonus is that most are signed up for next year as well. I am delighted with the squad but would be great if we could get Stevie and Aaron to sign new contracts as they are gonna be targets for other teams in the January window. The board should be pushing the boat out now to get them signed up, while the feelgood factor is going through the roof at Firhill

I wonder, after the two games, how much the 2 lads are looking around the squad and thinking... I want to be earning that!

They may have been 2 of the highest earners last season, so everyone else's wage rises may not leave a big difference, but there is a possibility that some guys in the squad, with win bonuses could be walking out with maybe a grand extra a month compared to the two of them.

I don't think we would ever stand in the way of a player leaving next summer if we can't compete on another teams wages, so really the two of them don't have anything to loose by extending.

My sevco season ticket owning wee brother told me earlier that Lawless (who according to him is teddy bear daft) is being watched by Rangers, with the intent of signing him on a pre-season contract next January.

I obviously scoffed at his suggestion, politely reminding him that he'll be in luck if his team still have any money by next January. He's convinced about it though and happily reminded me that SL's contract runs out next summer.

Hopefully just wishful thinking between him and his cronies on the sevco forums, but the fear is our stand out players are going to be in the shop window this year.

Obviously, we hope that everyone will be able to step up to the plate when called to do so, but if we manage to hold onto our squad until 1st September, I'm pretty sure we've the team to stay in the Premiership. Stevie Lawless actually signing an extension would be the icing on the cake.

I still think that Macnamara, Paton and Erskine all left /signed PCAs because at the time they had doubts about our promotion chances. Hopefully as we pick up more points, the players we have now will be more confident we'll stay in the top league and extend their contracts when offered new deals.

My sevco season ticket owning wee brother told me earlier that Lawless (who according to him is teddy bear daft) is being watched by Rangers, with the intent of signing him on a pre-season contract next January.

I obviously scoffed at his suggestion, politely reminding him that he'll be in luck if his team still have any money by next January. He's convinced about it though and happily reminded me that SL's contract runs out next summer.

Hopefully just wishful thinking between him and his cronies on the sevco forums, but the fear is our stand out players are going to be in the shop window this year.

Only seen this mentioned yesterday and not being talked about alot to be honest.

Did your brother start the rumour? :)

Thistle will need to get this lad on a contract soon or he will be snapped up with the form he is showing just now.