Hernia

Lambies Lost Doo

I'm 35 and play 5-a-side twice a week. On Monday had a tight groin (oh-er) and stretched it out as much as possible. Played football the next day with plenty of stretching and struggled. Now making noises getting out of my bed and I think I feed a small "bump" when I push down between my hip and groin on the right side. It's not painful but uncomfortable at times. I think but pray I don't have a hernia.

Anyone had one of these? Will give it a couple more days and then go to the doctors but really can't be bothered with that. Reading up on anything medical on the internet is good but don't read any of the comments sections. Scary.

I thought this was a new signing for the "Unhealthy XI."

I'm not a medic, but I'd think that if it was a hernia you'd feel it, rather than just "think" you feel a small bump. Stoic that I am, I'd give it a day or two before going to the doctor. But if the noises you're making are because you're in pain from that area, then get yersel tae the doctor, man!

Oh, and hernias are almost always simple to put right, especially these days.

Sounds like it could be a hernia but see your doctor. I had one for nearly 3 years before I got it seen to. It was never really sore, just occasionally uncomfortable. I got keyhole surgey to remove it (or so I thought). Went into hospital at 7:30 am and was out by 2pm. They didn't tell me that they couldn't give me keyhole surgery and I ended up with a 5" cut which I only found out at home the next day when I went to change the bandage. Nearly f-ing fainted :bag: On the upside, I was off work for two months

Sounds like it could be a hernia but see your doctor. I had one for nearly 3 years before I got it seen to. It was never really sore, just occasionally uncomfortable. I got keyhole surgey to remove it (or so I thought). Went into hospital at 7:30 am and was out by 2pm. They didn't tell me that they couldn't give me keyhole surgery and I ended up with a 5" cut which I only found out at home the next day when I went to change the bandage. Nearly f-ing fainted :bag: On the upside, I was off work for two months

Ha ha, that makes it sound like great fun!

• Members

They generally insert a mesh, to stop the tissue pushing through, that'll be the reason for the scar Ian. Had one years ago, playing 5's used to aggravate it. Whenever I stopped a shot with my instep, it'd push my whole leg back and cause me pain. It just got worse and worse until I went to the Doctor and got it seen to. Best get it seen to asap.

And just to cheer you up, you can die from a strangulated hernia!