Karma & Cash For Casalinouvo

CCjag

The searing pain of indignation was acute the day this Argentinian living in Peh Toon proved that watching his countrymen handle the ball into the net wasn’t always an enjoyable experience.

The blatant foul that saved Downdee Utd that day at Firhill led to Peter Houston keeping his job on the back of a string of defeats, to their ultimate victory in the Cup that year and to us suffering another sentence of frustration at the hands of the mob from the banks of the Tay.

For all of these reasons, I savoured the news – barely audible above the cries of angst from Tannadice - that they have been forced to pay over £200,000 (inclusive of accrued interest) for the cheat who played only twenty five games over two seasons with them.

I’m sure they made more in the long-term by winning the cup, but the compensation payment, legal costs and wages they paid to Casalinouvo will certainly make a sizable dent in their finances.

What goes around, comes around!

Bitter, me? You better believe it!

:clapping:

Edited by CCjag

Softens the blow of that handball goal, still angers me after these years. Quite pleasing now :)

Almost as annoying as the handball goal was Houston's response. Total mince. Where is he now? Or indeed, Casalinuovo? Wiki says he is now retired from the game and practicing as an accountant in Argentina. Another job where performing sleight of hand can be advantageous...... (apologies to any Jags accountants out there, who I am sure are sound!).

All of the admiration, respect and, indeed, support that I had for Dundee United in the 1980s has subsequently been rescinded due to the club that they've become. They have trashed their own reputation and hell mend them.

Don't disagree with that assessment of the current regime up there. I wonder how many installments they will try to spread the payments to Velez Sarsfeld over!