Serious Rail Disruption 5.12.13

thomas

Due to high wind forecasts tomorrow, there will be serious disruption across the whole of Scotland and North Of England. NR have imposed a 40mph speed limit on ALL lines, so services will be seriously disrupted until at least 12 noon. I know that the other operators may not be of interest to you, but if anyone is going south be aware too

Scotrail

No ScotRail services will run before 07:00 on any route. Timetable information for ScotRail services that will run is available here. These changes are available in the Journey Planner. Passengers with tickets for travel on Thursday 5th December may be used on Friday 6th December.

The following routes will not run from start of service on Thursday 5th December (trains on these routes may be able to run again later in the day):

• West Highland Lines
  • Elgin - Inverurie
  • Inverness - Kyle of Lochalsh / Wick
  • Edinburgh - Perth via Kirkcaldy
  • Girvan - Stranraer
  • Ardrossan South Beach - Ardrossan Harbour
  • Ayr - Kilmarnock
  • Glasgow Central - Paisley Canal
  • Glasgow Central - Whifflet
  • Motherwell - Cumbernauld
  • Cathcart Circle via Maxwell Park
  • Dalmuir - Motherwell / Lanark via Bellshill
  • Dalmuir - Larkhall via Hamilton
  • Motherwell / Edinburgh - Milngavie
  • Bellgrove - Springburn
  • Glasgow Queen Street - Anniesland
  • Glasgow Queen Street - Stirling via Croy
  • Glasgow Central - Edinburgh via Shotts / Carstairs
  • Cumbernauld - Falkirk Grahamston
  • Edinburgh - Dunbar

No trains on the following route until at least 16:00:

• Glasgow Central - Ayr / Gourock / Largs / Wemyss Ba
  • y
  • Dalmuir - Balloch / Helensburgh

Caledonian Sleeper - 21:15 London Euston to Fort William Sleeper service will terminate at Edinburgh. ScotRail are contacting customers who are due to travel this evening.

First TransPennine Express

These changes are expected to apply until approximately 14:00, but may continue past 14:00 depending on the weather conditions.

• No trains will run between Newcastle and York apart from 06:11 Newcastle to Liverpool Lime Street which will run. Passengers can use East Coast and CrossCountry services between Newcastle and York. CrossCountry may be stopping additionally at Chester-le-Street.
  • No trains will run between Carlisle and Edinburgh / Scotland apart from the 05:36 and 07:42 Edinburgh to Manchester Airport services. Passengers to use Virgin Trains services between Carlisle and Scotland. Virgin Trains will be stopping additionally at Lockerbie.
  • All other services are planned to run as normal but may suffer delay due to the poor weather conditions
  • Tickets will be valid on Friday 6 December
  • These changes can be seen in the Journey Planner

Virgin Trains

Virgin Trains plan to run a normal timetable tomorrow. However passengers should be prepared for possible delays caused by the poor weather, especially on trains between Preston and Edinburgh / Glasgow Central. Tickets will be valid on Friday 6 December if passengers decide not to travel on Thursday 5 December.

CrossCountry

These changes are expected to apply until approximately 12:00, but may continue past 12:00 depending on the weather conditions.

• No services will run between Edinburgh and Glasgow Central / Aberdeen
  • Journey times between Edinburgh and York will be extended by up to 2 hours
  • Trains that normally start/terminate at Newcastle will start/terminate at York
  • Mutual ticket acceptance with East Coast, Northern Rail and First TransPennine Express

Northern Rail

Northern Rail plan to run a normal timetable tomorrow. However passengers should be prepared for possible delays caused by the poor weather, especially on the following routes:

• Darlington - Newcastle
  • Newcastle - Morpeth and Chathill
  • Bishop Auckland - Saltburn
  • Middlesbrough - Hexham via Sunderland and Newcastle
  • Carlisle - Newcastle
  • Preston - Carlisle via Oxenholme
  • Preston - Carlisle via Barrow
  • Blackpool North & South - Preston
  • Skipton - Morecambe / Carlisle

Thanks for that info. I was supposed to go through to Glasgow from Stirling tomorrow morning by train, but will probably now wait until things settle down.

If you have a smart phone check on www.pda.jcheck.com/firstscotrail for updates if no smart phone www.wap.jcheck.com/firstscotrail

bloody love this country. soon as there's a wee bit of snow or wind this country grinds to a halt. scottish People grab any excuse to be aff. That's why i dont want independence, too many passengers and parasites in Scotland. Unless the scots all become polish ( they have a great work ethic and good family values) then this country wid die on its own. u'd have about 5 people and the polish minority tryin to pay benefits for everyone else. Screw independence. Plus we'd need vietnamese people for the army. They people know how to fight a war

bloody love this country. soon as there's a wee bit of snow or wind this country grinds to a halt. scottish People grab any excuse to be aff. That's why i dont want independence, too many passengers and parasites in Scotland. Unless the scots all become polish ( they have a great work ethic and good family values) then this country wid die on its own. u'd have about 5 people and the polish minority tryin to pay benefits for everyone else. Screw independence. Plus we'd need vietnamese people for the army. They people know how to fight a war

too much in above post to dissect and question, so i will keep it simple to one question just for you.

why do you bother at all to live in scotland, and not, for example, poland, vietnam or zimbabwe?

Well, assuming that you are a product of the union, you are one of the reasons I will be voting YES.

too much in above post to dissect and question, so i will keep it simple to one question just for you.

why do you bother at all to live in scotland, and not, for example, poland, vietnam or zimbabwe?

i stayed in zimbabwe when it was rhodesia, just ended up back in scotland.my wife has senile demntia and u cant get the help in rhodesia the way can in scotland. i've paid all sort of taxes fae workin so i think my wife and myself are entitled to a pension and health care that will look after her

i stayed in zimbabwe when it was rhodesia, just ended up back in scotland.my wife has senile demntia and u cant get the help in rhodesia the way can in scotland. i've paid all sort of taxes fae workin so i think my wife and myself are entitled to a pension and health care that will look after her

that will be a pension and health care that in an independent scotland will be of a standard above that which zimbabwe, poland, vietnam, or indeed that of what england and wales, will be able to offer you both.

wouldn't wish your wifes illness on anyone. horrible horrible disease.

Edited by yoda-jag

that will be a pension and health care that in an independent scotland will be of a standard above that which zimbabwe, poland, vietnam, or indeed that of what england and wales, will be able to offer you both.

wouldn't wish your wifes illness on anyone. horrible horrible disease.

Are you sure??

the Polish health service is good, and can an independent Scotland afford the health service it has just now let alone a better one??

Are you sure??

the Polish health service is good, and can an independent Scotland afford the health service it has just now let alone a better one??

So why can Poland afford a better health service than Scotland? And presumably better than the UK, as implied in your post (assuming that you believe that Scotland's health service is as good as the rest of the UK's)?

How is Scotlands health service worse than the UK's

I didn't say that it was, but you are clearly implying that it is worse than Poland's, and that it is doubtful if Scotland could would even be able to match it if we were independent.

It looks to me like another example of the Scottish cringe: somebody talking down Scotland at every opportunity.

I didn't say that it was, but you are clearly implying that it is worse than Poland's, and that it is doubtful if Scotland could would even be able to match it if we were independent.

It looks to me like another example of the Scottish cringe: somebody talking down Scotland at every opportunity.

Poland's health service is good (Not as good as Norways), I have used it most definitely better than the UK's

You had stated "(assuming that you believe that Scotland's health service is as good as the rest of the UK's)?" which reads as if you don't, but guess you can blame that on Westminster too

Poland's health service is good (Not as good as Norways), I have used it most definitely better than the UK's

You had stated "(assuming that you believe that Scotland's health service is as good as the rest of the UK's)?" which reads as if you don't, but guess you can blame that on Westminster too

You read my statement wrong; my assumption is that you believe Scotland's service to be on a par with the rest of the UK. My view on it doesn't figure.

Anyway, glad you got good use of the Polish system. Personally, I was impressed by the health service in France when I lived there. Superior to the UK's in many respects, though I did find it strange at first to have to hand over cash to a GP and then claim (most of) it back.

Are you sure??

this healthcare comparison document for an example shows the uk to be better than poland in most analysises (life expectancies, mortalities, expenditure as percentage of gdp, nurses per 100,000), and possibly the most conclusive feedback is the consumer index which compares european healthcare systems in terms of their healthcare performances from the consumer’s point of view.

the EHCI 2009 compared 33 countries in terms of 34 healthcare indicators in 6 sub-disciplines:

Patient rights and information

E-health

Waiting time for treatment

Outcomes

Range and reach of services provided

Pharmaceuticals

end result?

uk 14th, poland 26th.

with particular regard to how an independant scotland could afford the health service it has now ..... simple, the savings on no nukes, as well as savings from other expenditure not deemed necessary, or where the majority of scotlands share is channelled into projects and expenditure which is weighted more favourably the further south you go, means there is the potential for a lot more money to be spent within the scottish borders, on services and initiatives that would benefit those within scotland, means scotlands health service in an independent scotland should be greater improved than they are now.

and, judging from experts both in scotland and down south, scotland has an better health service overall than those in england, wales etc, already.

How is Scotlands health service worse than the UK's

it's better than rest of uk already. more efficient per head, and not in danger of being privatised and sold off in pieces as it is heading with nhs down south, which will only result in more focus on profits and dividends and less emphasis on customer care.

this healthcare comparison document for an example shows the uk to be better than poland in most analysises (life expectancies, mortalities, expenditure as percentage of gdp, nurses per 100,000), and possibly the most conclusive feedback is the consumer index which compares european healthcare systems in terms of their healthcare performances from the consumer’s point of view.

the EHCI 2009 compared 33 countries in terms of 34 healthcare indicators in 6 sub-disciplines:

Patient rights and information

E-health

Waiting time for treatment

Outcomes

Range and reach of services provided

Pharmaceuticals

end result?

uk 14th, poland 26th.

with particular regard to how an independant scotland could afford the health service it has now ..... simple, the savings on no nukes, as well as savings from other expenditure not deemed necessary, or where the majority of scotlands share is channelled into projects and expenditure which is weighted more favourably the further south you go, means there is the potential for a lot more money to be spent within the scottish borders, on services and initiatives that would benefit those within scotland, means scotlands health service in an independent scotland should be greater improved than they are now.

and, judging from experts both in scotland and down south, scotland has an better health service overall than those in england, wales etc, already.

it's better than rest of uk already. more efficient per head, and not in danger of being privatised and sold off in pieces as it is heading with nhs down south, which will only result in more focus on profits and dividends and less emphasis on customer care.

That's a 5 year old survey, trust me 1 year ago they were far better than the western or hairmyres ,

So Scotland will save money by no nukes, Trident only costs 5% of the annual defense budget, BUT Scotland will have to fund a defense force from scratch, plus its talking about tax CUTS and benefit RISES with the pension age FROZEN whilst having a MASSIVE inherited debt, do the maths and balance the books.

If as you say the NHS in Scotland is better than the rest of the UK, then surely Westminster can't be treating us as second class to the rest of the UK in health like we keep getting told it does on everything