Celtic Hooligans At Motherwell

soapy

The whole issue is the courts and police are scared to upset the old firm

You are entitled to your view, but I don't believe that at all. If they have good CCTV with full-on faces and clear evidence of wrong-doing then they will use it if the individuals can be ID'd. It's only last April that a large number of Thistle fans were invading a football pitch. Are you seriously suggesting we start filling Barlinnie with people for that offence?

You are entitled to your view, but I don't believe that at all. If they have good CCTV with full-on faces and clear evidence of wrong-doing then they will use it if the individuals can be ID'd. It's only last April that a large number of Thistle fans were invading a football pitch. Are you seriously suggesting we start filling Barlinnie with people for that offence?

All the trouble that was at the OF U16 game, motherwell game, Tannadice, all well documented, pictures of the people in the press on the web, all clearly identifiable how many have been charged???

How many fans have Celtic or Rangers BANNED up till today's suspension notice for sectarianism or otherwise

Fans invading the park when promotion has been won in a good manner in a meaningless game is far different from the fans invading during (not after) a hate filled game at firhill where seats were wrecked, flares, smoke bombs and coins flung

Lets see what would happen if our fans let of a red smokebomb at tattiebowl on new years day

• Like 1

All the trouble that was at the OF U16 game, motherwell game, Tannadice, all well documented, pictures of the people in the press on the web, all clearly identifiable how many have been charged???

How many fans have Celtic or Rangers BANNED up till today's suspension notice for sectarianism or otherwise

Fans invading the park when promotion has been won in a good manner in a meaningless game is far different from the fans invading during (not after) a hate filled game at firhill where seats were wrecked, flares, smoke bombs and coins flung

Lets see what would happen if our fans let of a red smokebomb at tattiebowl on new years day

So having seen the photos and footage, how many can you name? Identifiable doesn't mean identified. How are the cops supposed to ID them? Someone has to finger them or they have to be recognised by the polis as belonging to the "usual suspects" brigade. I believe 3 were arrested at the Glasgow Cup game itself and more charged subsequently:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/two-men-arrested-over-trouble-1868673

http://news.stv.tv/west-central/247394-rangers-fan-kevin-brannigan-banned-over-nazi-salute-at-celtic-game/

A photo is only any good if the person can be identified and named. If the authorities are scared to upset the old firm, why charge any of them? To be honest I don't know what the charges were against them but I think your belief that the courts would be scared to dole out hard sentences because of the club that the defendant supported is just rubbish.

This guy has also been recently convicted of religiously aggravated breach of the peace (sentencing next month):

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/12/09/rangers-podcaster-david-limond-convicted-religious-hate-crime-after-targeting

As to our games, it wasn't the Dunfermline game I was thinking of, though some of our punters weren't that well mannered then either. There was the Ramsdens final too and the game was still in play at that point. Are you thinking of letting off a red smokebomb at Parkhead as an experiment then?

I'm pretty confident the police have, over the years, managed to get a picture of every Green Brigade member along with their personal details, outside a football ground in Scotland.

I think that's one of their gripes, being photographed and questioned so much.

After that, it's just a matter of getting a positive ID during an incident, on tape.

Maybe there's an attitude of, let them tear the place up, if we get a positive ID, we arrest them on Monday and their club pays the repairs...

When electronic cigarettes first came out (many years ago) a supervisor steward came to me at the back of Section 2 in the JHS and told me that she identified me smoking on CCTV. So if a camera perched on the front of the JHS can pinpoint me using an electronic cigarette in the far back corner of the stand why can't these cameras be used to identify supporters breaking seats, particularly those gleefully holding them above their heads like a trophy?

Insist all Celtic ST holders and away members supply a photograph when purchasing these things in the summer, match up CCTV images to these photographs, take appropriate action.

None of this is draconian or singling out Celtic fans for persecution, numerous English teams have to do this. Cardiff City supply some of their own stewards and some South Wales Police travel as well, but the main part of the operation is the local plod and home team stewards.