Bounce Game Vs Motherwell

northernsoul

That Glaswegian article doesn't say Balatoni was playing last night. I don't think he was. According to my Hearts-supporting work colleague Balatoni's not very good but then he says that about most of the players at Tynecastle these days.

That Glaswegian article doesn't say Balatoni was playing last night. I don't think he was. According to my Hearts-supporting work colleague Balatoni's not very good but then he says that about most of the players at Tynecastle these days.

There were a number of Hearts fans on their forum who rate him and others too.

Spot on. He's defensive game is actualy okay, he's just rotten going forward. Dumbarton fans warned off us this, did they not?

Agree too. When he's moved to a left centreback he's looked comfortable enough and that kinda backs up that he's ok defensively. Tho' he's poor going forward he has put in some decent crosses. When he actually gets forward he's not that bad, if that makes sense.

Just by coincidence I was talking to a youngish Jambo yesterday and he thinks Baltoni is good & promising. What we'd all like to know of course is if he comes on loan will he be good from Day 1. He'd not be our player so his potential is academic.

Agree too. When he's moved to a left centreback he's looked comfortable enough and that kinda backs up that he's ok defensively. Tho' he's poor going forward he has put in some decent crosses. When he actually gets forward he's not that bad, if that makes sense.

I think he's regained enough confidence that he's picked up enough to defend OK. I'm certain he has the ability to get forward well and deliver (as we've seen occasionally from his crosses) but lacks the confidence to do it properly.

I think he's regained enough confidence that he's picked up enough to defend OK. I'm certain he has the ability to get forward well and deliver (as we've seen occasionally from his crosses) but lacks the confidence to do it properly.

Spot on. He has the potential, but tends to hold back at getting forward. A defenders first job is to defend. Anything going forward from a full back is extra. Paddy's a quality of player that will be in a team with a comfortable mid-table finish, as we should expect from ourselves.

I'm very surprised McCall's not intending to bring in another forward player.

We can all argue about the quality fo the forwards we have but if you include Burns, we have FIVE forwards: Buchanan, Burns, Donnelly, Doolan and Grehan. That's more than we've had for a while - and you can probably play Erskine up front too at a pinch. It's unlikely that will be added to unless we can get a cheap loan - and a defender (or two) is more vital at the moment.