Thank You Elvis!

Lindau

Nice Daily Record atricle about ex old firm players Stephen Pressley and David Weir, who'd have thought it?

Dear God.....just in case you didnt notice it, its an article about our new centre forward who was advised by Pressley to join Thistle and just in case you dont know Weir and Pressley played for other clubs other than the old firm. They happen to be the guys that bought Taylor to Falkirk / Sheffield Und and the guy obviously respects their views.

Edited by Lindau

On the man himself, I've always thought he's shown the signs of being a very good young manager over the last few years. It's just a shame the delusional sense of grandeur amongst Falkirk fans that they were anything more than middling First Division dross sullied his reputation a little up here. Two third placed finishes, as well as runs to the semi-finals of both the League and Scottish Cups, as well as winning the Challenge Cup for good measure, suggest that he did a very good job there giving his team was packed with bog-standard teenagers for most of the time. I'm glad he's doing well at Coventry and I hope he goes far in the game.

• Like 1

• Members

Dear God.....just in case you didnt notice it, its an article about our new centre forward who was advised by Pressley to join Thistle and just in case you dont know Weir and Pressley played for other clubs other than the old firm. They happen to be the guys that bought Taylor to Falkirk / Sheffield Und and the guy obviously respects their views.

I'm pretty sure his tongue was firmly in his cheek Lindau.

I'm pretty sure his tongue was firmly in his cheek Lindau.

Nah Will its the usual BS you get from certain posters every time a link to a newspaper article about Thistle is posted on here. It publicity for the club and the player yet all we get is comments about the old firm slant to the article. God the two guys in question were the guys that took him to his last two clubs. If you want to have a go at Old Fiurm bias to do with Thistle the current Sportscene thread is the place to go. I have no love of the Record but they gave Taylor a 2 page spread today and thats a novelty for us over the past few years. We have certain fans that moan when we dont get a mention on Sportscene (and quite rightly so ) then moan when we get good publicity in the papers. You just cant feckin win on here sometimes

Edited by Lindau

Quite agree it's been an eye opener to read how negative some of our fans are. Guess that's just life in general the quiet majority never get heard and the vocal few just seem to spout crap, suppose you don't need to look further than politicians to see a good example of that.

As for Presley never been a fan however have to admit its because I can't stand listening to the twat.