Farid El Alagui

Harry Wragg

McNamara is entitled to try and sign who he wants. With Goodwillie moving back to Blackburn he was always looking for a striker.

Also, he would have had plenty of knowledge of him. Don't see the relevance in the hatred of him now.

We rise above it and worry about our own club and the players we DO sign.

• Members

McNamara has probably done Thistle his first good turn since he left by signing him on loan. We don't need Taylor and Farid and we sure as hell didn't want any of the teams in the bottom half of the table getting him until the end of the season.

Definitely. Can't see him getting much game time up there with Ciffci and Graham probably ahead of him.

Definitely. Can't see him getting much game time up there with Ciffci and Graham probably ahead of him.

I reckon he will be ahead of Graham or will be after a few appearances. Cifti oftens plays from midfield, Erskine type role, so could play with Farid.

Anyway, I am pleased we got Taylor, reckon he will get more goals for us and suits our style of play better with more pace than Farid.

Edited to add... agree that it is good that County, St Mirren or Killie didn't get Farid.

Edited by mhs

Time will tell whether Taylor pans out better , hope he does and was very happy about getting him, just feel that Farid was the better albeit more expensive option which we probably could not afford anyway , peeves me to see greedy ratnamara getting in before everybody else !! Agreed though that's its better Farid didn't go to any of our nearer rivals

Some people forget El Alagui scored something like 21 of his 29 goals before christmas. He had a very good run, which included quite a few goals in early cup rounds. After christmas, when the season got serious, he wasn't all that effective. Would of been happy with him or Taylor. I'll say I prefer Taylor, purely because we have him and he does provide the option of playing deeper in the attacking three.

I reckon McNamara spends all day and night scouring all social media sites for anything related to Partick Thistle and as soon as he senses we are remotely interested in anyone he just pounces to purely piss us off. I bet he approached Taylor who told him where to go as deep down he has always only ever wanted to play for the mighty Jags!

• Like 1