Tim's Title Party

jaggy

Been discussed before, and although I'm happy they beat Killie tonight, it looks almost certain they'll win the title at Firhill, unless of course we beat or draw with them

Current status

1 Celtic 29 57 78 2 Aberdeen 28 14 54

So the Dons can get 84 points (highly unlikely)

SAT 22 MAR 2014 - SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP

• Aberdeen

v

Kilmarnock

15:00

• Celtic

v

St Mirren

15:00

TUE 25 MAR 2014 - SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP

• Ross County

v

Aberdeen

19:45

So even if Aberdeen win both games (and hopefully they will), Celtic should beat St M, so they will need 3 points against us to clinch the title (technically they could be caught, but with 40+ better goal difference it would be all over)

I think the last title party for another team at Firhill against us was possibly Aberdeen late 70's (Dave McKinnon og) but maybe somebody can correct me

It will be the last game I'll probably see this season, so maybe we can surprise them!! :happy2:

As long as goal difference is a factor (albeit ridiculous in this case) the game wouldn't be regarded as a title winner.

I'm hoping for Aberdeen to beat Killie and County (for more than one reason) and if they do there will be no party at Firhill.

The County game is the night before our game against them so as long as Aberdeen beat Killie the week before I don't anticipate a suspiciously large rush of tickets being bought for the home end.

It's up to us to stop them and if we can't (which in all likelihood we won't) fair play to Celtic since they'll have proved themselves the better team. Can't say I'll be happy about it, quite the contrary, but in the great scheme of things I'm more interested in our Premiership survival, than whether or not they can clinch the title at Firhill. On the evidence of games against Celtic so far this season to be totally fair, we've been unlucky to come away empty handed. In addition, I would be disgusted if we put up such a spineless performance as Boyd et al last night. However, it'd be no shame to get beaten by the Premiership champions, unless of course we "park the bus" as Albion Rovers so unsportingly did last weekend!

lure them in....

yes chaps , title winning evening sir , 25 pounds sir , yes sir that's your seat right there , would you like another sir.

result : PTFC win or draw .

Thank you sir , do come again , please bring your friends, Title winning sir . Not here sir! somewhere else perhaps , best of luck for the future sir, title winning sir ,sure at home , against Ross county , tremendous Sir , am sure you will be successful.