Jaggy1967

Glad he's ok. It definitely is Gus. He's a true character and absolute diehard Jag. Great conversationalist and always affable and respectful to others. Unfortunately, he got a bit of a panning on here from one or two posters when he attracted [international] publicity by doing the full Pamplona thing in the then as yet unreleased new Thistle top. He was quite philosophical about things, but made a point of locating fans who had 'defended' him to thank them, whether he was acquainted with them or not.

Really pleased he doesn't appear go be badly hurt.

• Like 1

I think we all need to use the Jags to lift ourselves up.

We must all be very careful not to fall out after 18th September. There will be some big games to prepare for, and we can't afford to get distracted.

I think for every game we need to go there, set out our stall, and keep battling for the full ninety minutes.

Apart from that, I have nothing much else to say.

As I understand it, lmj, and I've no reason to disbelieve you, he felt a bit put out that it was people who had an animal welfare agenda who criticised him. He was merely pointing out to some of them that he didn't advocate animal cruelty and was simply having a bit of fun, no more - no less. If that's not the case, I'll defer to your understanding of the matter as I'm only going off the anecdotes of others.

As I understand it, lmj, and I've no reason to disbelieve you, he felt a bit put out that it was people who had an animal welfare agenda who criticised him. He was merely pointing out to some of them that he didn't advocate animal cruelty and was simply having a bit of fun, no more - no less. If that's not the case, I'll defer to your understanding of the matter as I'm only going off the anecdotes of others.

I can see his point. True the bulls (or a selection of them) are to appear in the arena and be killed but the bull run itself is not part of the bull ring scenario (in the sense the bulls are not stabbed or speared on the run) and is more dangerous to the guys running with the bulls than to the bulls. I suppose it is criticism by association.

Could it be that this year there have been two lads wearing a Jags top in the bulls´race? One of them the lad that has been doing so for the past two or three years then on Tuesday or Wednesday I think I saw another lad on tv running with what seemed another MacB top and a red cap on his head? He was around ten yards ahead of the other lad. I have tried to find a picture but no luck ATM.