Car Downsizing

Tam

After many years Im now gonna give up the big saloons and am looking at hatch-backs (primarily for the dogs).

1. Diesel.

2. 5 doors.

3. Manual

4. 2.0 litre

5. Less than 5 years old.

Anyone got one they're glad they bought ?

After many years Im now gonna give up the big saloons and am looking at hatch-backs (primarily for the dogs).

1. Diesel.

2. 5 doors.

3. Manual

4. 2.0 litre

5. Less than 5 years old.

Anyone got one they're glad they bought ?

My Kia Ceed meets 4 of your criteria (it's a 3 door) and I've had no complaints with it having had it for over a year now. Similar spec to a Golf but for less cash and with a 7 year warranty.

My Kia Ceed meets 4 of your criteria (it's a 3 door) and I've had no complaints with it having had it for over a year now. Similar spec to a Golf but for less cash and with a 7 year warranty.

I know a couple of people with these... unanimous thumbs up.

A fellow Jags fan recently bought an "eco" something version and gets over 60 miles to the gallon average!

I drive a Ford Focus, albeit a petrol engine one. The diesel versions are as raved about as petrol ones. Mine is a joy to drive - both control-wise and comfort (being the Ghia version doesn't hurt). It's responsive and, if you take care of it, will go round the mileage clock and way beyond. It's also a 5 star EuroNcap rated car with seven airbags. The engines are about the best around, so I'd recommend one.