Scotland Vs Sweeden

AlbaJag

Burley would have been slaughtered for that display. I'd like to see what the press will say about Levein...

Nothing as he was the choice of the press. He will be an absolute failure as a national boss. Telling Marshall if you play for your club your finished after going cap in had to a pair of jokers to come back is a nonsense.

Nothing as he was the choice of the press. He will be an absolute failure as a national boss. Telling Marshall if you play for your club your finished after going cap in had to a pair of jokers to come back is a nonsense.

:o So you'd be happy for a player to declare himself unfit for his country then play for his Club on the same night? Barry ****** will be pleased!

:o So you'd be happy for a player to declare himself unfit for his country then play for his Club on the same night? Barry ****** will be pleased!

I'm guessing it's the double standards of bringing back the likes of Boyd while laying down the law to Marshall.

I'm guessing it's the double standards of bringing back the likes of Boyd while laying down the law to Marshall.

2 very different things Grant. I think he was right to say that to Marshall, but given he's 3rd choice keeper it was an easy decision really.

Edited to add: He's set a precedence now tho, we'll see what happens the 1st time an OF player crys off sick then plays for his Club.

Edited by Steven H

Its happened for years and it is a total nothing match. So anyone who pulled out tonight and plays at the weekend should never play again? Thats why we have Kirk Broadfoot in a Scotland strip.

Why try to make an example over 1 player, who in all probability would have played no more than half the game. He is trying to run the national team like a club team, but is forgetting he is not the boss of these players.

Sure the tartan army are happily singing doe a fekin deer as we speak, clapping the team off and ticking off another destination on their manoeuvres.

Its happened for years and it is a total nothing match. So anyone who pulled out tonight and plays at the weekend should never play again? Thats why we have Kirk Broadfoot in a Scotland strip.

Why try to make an example over 1 player, who in all probability would have played no more than half the game. He is trying to run the national team like a club team, but is forgetting he is not the boss of these players.

Sure the tartan army are happily singing doe a fekin deer as we speak, clapping the team off and ticking off another destination on their manoeuvres.

My response to Grant answers the first point, as for the TA...good on them, at least make it fun. Dens Park at the end of the 2008/09 season ring a bell :D

My response to Grant answers the first point, as for the TA...good on them, at least make it fun. Dens Park at the end of the 2008/09 season ring a bell :D

What, a bunch of happy clappers who dont even bother to watch the game as long as they get a p!ss up abroad. They make me cringe with embarassment.

Dens was a meaningless end of season match where we actually played well (despite the scoreline) If I was to shell out a couple of hundred quid to watch a football match, the very least I would expect is for the players to try. That tonight was a shambles.

What, a bunch of happy clappers who dont even bother to watch the game as long as they get a p!ss up abroad. They make me cringe with embarassment.

Dens was a meaningless end of season match where we actually played well (despite the scoreline) If I was to shell out a couple of hundred quid to watch a football match, the very least I would expect is for the players to try. That tonight was a shambles.

Tonights game was meaningless too, and if Id spent £200 going to the game and we got humped the least Id do is make the most of things. I doubt we'd see the same reaction in a Euro or World Qualifier that ultimately cost us qualification.

at least the TA get behind the team even if they are loosing, something that USED to happen at Firhill, but probably before most of you were born.

obviously the TA are more 'realistic' in their expectations of how the team will perform, rather than critisising individual players as soon as they set foot on the pitch, which IMHO, is now an epidemic at Firhill.

Edited by Ma Ba'