Celtic

themadozjag

I know it's a Thistle Forum but I just wondered if there are any other Jags Fans out there in Thistle Land that are fed up to the back teeth with Celtic's constant news that they are about to sign or have signed or want to sign these No Name players from all over the world. I saw the Highlights of their Euro game midweek and the players running around were unrecognisable to me.I don't envy the Celtic fans one little bit as they are welcome to all of these No Names. Can you imagine the Chat & Banter in the dressing room at half time and full time. Interperters Please!!! What ever happened to the Scottish Lads coming through their ranks, Their Celtic Boys Club used to be the envy of many senior clubs a few years back but apparently that's not the case now?

The mindset of everyone in the game from coaches / managers to fans needs to change if clubs are going to ever produce youth talent that are able to be coached in the right way and be allowed to be played at the highest level without fear.

With regards to Celtic they played a team with 10 changes at Inverness and were slaughtered for doing so because they lost even in a competition they are certain to win.

Fans don't have the patience and coaches will protect their jobs as best they can always looking to go for experience as panic always sets in amongst Chairman when a few results don't go their way.

The fear needs taken out the game and young players given a chance at clubs or it will never happen.

Celtic probably have the best youth system in the country but they produce very little players to first team level and it's not unusual for whole squads to be released at the 18/19's age groups.

The foreign buys seems to be the favoured route at all clubs even if it's just loan deals.

We really need to shake the whole thing up and promote youth and reward clubs who do promote their youth players.

Most of the transfers in the Scottish Premiership are all loan deals or for no fee and money is tight at all clubs and i don't see this changing anytime soon.

The ideal opportunity then for teams to promote youth but usually it's the youth system that suffers when it's like this and less is invested in the Academy set ups.

Rangers are the biggest culprits though as they had a chance to push young players forward to gain valuable experience in the lower leagues but they didn't and went down the overpaid journeyman route which is inexcusable for me.

The future of the game here is to produce your own talent and hopefully more clubs start doing this.

• Like 7

The mindset of everyone in the game from coaches / managers to fans needs to change if clubs are going to ever produce youth talent that are able to be coached in the right way and be allowed to be played at the highest level without fear.

With regards to Celtic they played a team with 10 changes at Inverness and were slaughtered for doing so because they lost even in a competition they are certain to win.

Fans don't have the patience and coaches will protect their jobs as best they can always looking to go for experience as panic always sets in amongst Chairman when a few results don't go their way.

The fear needs taken out the game and young players given a chance at clubs or it will never happen.

Celtic probably have the best youth system in the country but they produce very little players to first team level and it's not unusual for whole squads to be released at the 18/19's age groups.

The foreign buys seems to be the favoured route at all clubs even if it's just loan deals.

We really need to shake the whole thing up and promote youth and reward clubs who do promote their youth players.

Most of the transfers in the Scottish Premiership are all loan deals or for no fee and money is tight at all clubs and i don't see this changing anytime soon.

The ideal opportunity then for teams to promote youth but usually it's the youth system that suffers when it's like this and less is invested in the Academy set ups.

Rangers are the biggest culprits though as they had a chance to push young players forward to gain valuable experience in the lower leagues but they didn't and went down the overpaid journeyman route which is inexcusable for me.

The future of the game here is to produce your own talent and hopefully more clubs start doing this.

Spot on with this Billko.

Couldn't agree more about Rangers. They had a perfect opportunity in the third and fourth tiers to go with youth. Every Rangers fan I have spoken to says it was the way forward yet the board/s sat back and watched more money being wasted on players that were not needed at that level.

Time will tell if the youth set up at Thistle is going to provide us with a bright future but, with the panic and the lack of patience as you mention, we may never see it come to fruition.

Agree aswell. celtic have got to play youth but they should buy the best scottish players like robertson and may because they would have better team spirit and gel better because they know what its all about unlike these foreign loan signings.

As for rangers mccoist has the pressure of getting them straight back up to prem and if youngsters arent upto it and he's told he can bring in the likes of boyd miller then you cant blame him.

Agree aswell. celtic have got to play youth but they should buy the best scottish players like robertson and may because they would have better team spirit and gel better because they know what its all about unlike these foreign loan signings.

^ Thistle have several non-Scots in our squad too - e.g. Balatoni, Seabourne (loan), Osman, Higginbotham, Craigen, Elliott, Richards-Everton, Carroll (loan), Colina and Basalaj. Are you against Thistle signing them too?

^ Thistle have several non-Scots in our squad too - e.g. Balatoni, Seabourne (loan), Osman, Higginbotham, Craigen, Elliott, Richards-Everton, Carroll (loan), Colina and Basalaj. Are you against Thistle signing them too?

Celtic have the ability to sign virtually any Scottish player (playing in Scotland) that they want. We don't.

Celtic have the best youth set up in Scotland. We don't.

Ginger Jag was agreeing with the original post, which was about Celtic and then Billko's follow up. I don't think the nationalities of Thistle's playing squad was in question.

• Like 1

Boo bl00dy hooooo! I just watched Reporting Scotlands report on that poor wee diddy club and how they miss that other poor wee diddy club and how they are the only ones to miss them blah blah blah. (Actually what he meant was £££££££££££££££'s as if they deserve it all)

Time for them all to talk about heading south again!

ONE TEAM IN GLASGOW :fan: :fan: :fan:

Boo bl00dy hooooo! I just watched Reporting Scotlands report on that poor wee diddy club and how they miss that other poor wee diddy club and how they are the only ones to miss them blah blah blah. (Actually what he meant was £££££££££££££££'s as if they deserve it all)

Time for them all to talk about heading south again!

ONE TEAM IN GLASGOW :fan: :fan: :fan:

If ever there was a confirmation that they are two cheeks of the same arse that was it .

That report was an embarrassment for Celtic.What a load of whining p1sh.everybody elses fault but their own.