Sky Sports News

Sandy Gall

Now that this pile of "doodie" is moving off freeview, will we get a decent channel in its place or more cheffy, house-tidying, top-fifth-gear pash?

I won't miss it. Most of the presenters and reporters are terrible, e.g. Jim White, Chris Kamara and the unintelligible Dean Windass.

I won't miss it. Most of the presenters and reporters are terrible, e.g. Jim White, Chris Kamara and the unintelligible Dean Windass.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would love to make it my mission in life to get ex-footballers off the air and young journalists to replace them.

Deano is a fabulous footballer but a disgrace as a broadcaster. I would describe oor Jackie Mac in the same manner - most of the players-turned-Sportsound-pundits sound like they're trying to chat up a drunk lass at a bus stop and add the square root of feck all to the coverage of the game. :angry:

Edited by McKennan

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I would love to make it my mission in life to get ex-footballers off the air and young journalists to replace them.

Deano is a fabulous footballer but a disgrace as a broadcaster. I would describe oor Jackie Mac in the same manner - most of the players-turned-Sportsound-pundits sound like they're trying to chat up a drunk lass at a bus stop and add the square root of feck all to the coverage of the game. :angry:

Must agree.

I'm a fan of SSN but Soccer Saturday has turned into a circus where they now believe there own hype about how 'funny' they all are together (Kamara especially). Used to be mildly droll when something genuinely impromptu ocurred but now you can just tell that that's what they're trying to do with each programme.

And as you point out, the majority of these 'hilarious' ex pros are borderline illiterate.

It used to be must see Saturday tv if i'm not at the jags but now Open All Mics wins every week.

Edited by JobbyMahoney

Agree with you to a point but kamara doesn't do soccer Saturday unless you are meaning his match reports which are often hilarious. In the studio the likes of Nicholas, Thompson and merson are awful. Goals on Sunday would also not be as good without kamara.

As for 'my big mate at bayern' mcinally...