Players Wages

Gibberish

Surely not, according to gibberish it's peanuts we pay our players, not Mayo and chips. If the rest of the monkeys ( not my words) find out then there will be riot.

I did hear there was a certain disquiet last season from a couple of ex Embra players when they stopped the sauce with the chips. Archie, in a diplomatic act of appeasement, made one club captain and the other is now allowed to wear his favourite studless boots.

I'm surprised that we can afford the lad Frans. I've heard we're paying him £823.78 pw. We were evidently lucky to get him at that. Promising to always have a wee tub of mayonnaise handy with his chips appears to have been the clincher. It's that sort of attention to detail that I so admire about Archie.

Does seem correct, because you said so

Accies under 23 team earn £400 per week which is fact, but nugget head thinks our 1st team are on £500. So we pay our 1st team stars £100 per week more than Accies reserves. Pmsl

Maybe that's why our players never want to leave because they earn so much, makes you wonder why so called high earners never want to come to us mind you:):)

Surely not, according to gibberish it's peanuts we pay our players, not Mayo and chips. If the rest of the monkeys ( not my words) find out then there will be riot.

Name 8 of our players that you feel could walk into Archie's office and say "Archie I want a rise from 25k a year or I'm away to Motherwell,Hamilton or St.Johnstone"

Jaggymad and norgethistle would most likely disagree, average player is on 75k according to them plums

If that's the case then out the (approx) £1672541 pot left for the 1st team after a £200 a week left for U20 team, there is £772541 left for staff wages assuming ALL the 22.5 players earned £40k. So over 40% of wages not on the playing staff

Edited by Norgethistle

Norge does that include win bonus etc. my 40k doesn't.

I can't see them picking up over 40% bonus for winning 8 games, and that's me putting All 22.5 players on 40K which some would not be going with what you stated as being "top earners" and being generous on the U20's on £200 a week, some will be on the modern apprenticeship which could be as low as £2.73 an hour (£102 a week).

That would put the bonus for winning 8 games at £34.5K or £900 a point against a £40K basic.......... TF we never went top six with 54 points or we'd be selling half the ground to finance it.

I think a large chunk of that figure is other wages

Edited by Norgethistle

Name 8 of our players that you feel could walk into Archie's office and say "Archie I want a rise from 25k a year or I'm away to Motherwell,Hamilton or St.Johnstone"

Better still, name me 8 players in our squad that only make 25 k. As YOU keeping claiming our 1st team squad only average £25k. You are a muppet that keeps blowing his own trumpet and cannot back things up with any facts.

Goalkeepers

1 Fox 12 Gallacher 32 Waters 40 Basalaj

Defenders

2 O'Donnell 3 Seaborne 5 Muirhead 6 Balatoni 16 McMillan 17 Carroll 26 Lindsay

Midfielders

4 Welsh 8 Bannigan 10 Stevenson 11 Lawless 18 Osman 22 Fraser 23 Wilson 27 Black 29 Gallacher 30 Keenan 33 McDaid

Forwards

7 Craigen 9 Doolan 14 Elliott 15 Higginbotham 19 Eccleston 25 Leyden

The above maybe help you find 8 players that only get paid £500 per week.

Ps. If the above squad only averages £500 per week there must be a lot of the above players on lower wages than £500 per week. Please show me what ones.

Can anyone mind the £ differential re final placings? In essence I'm wondering if a ninth win (last game against County) and a 7th place finish would've covered outlay on win bonuses for the season.

Seems a bit of an anomaly that the Club is paid bonus under one criterion while the players are paid bonus under another. As way of an example Hibs too had eight wins (nine if you include a play off leg) and were relegated. Had that been us would our players have still received the same in total?

A lot of guess work, but...

Goalkeepers

Fox £500

Gallacher £500

Waters £250

Basalaj £250

Scully £250

Defenders

O'Donnell £500

Seaborne £750

Muirhead £500

Balatoni £500

McMillan £500

Lindsay £250

Everton £500

Midfielders

Welsh £500

Bannigan £750

Stevenson £1000

Lawless £500

Osman £750

Fraser £1000

Wilson £250

Black £250

Gallacher £250

Keenan £250

McDaid £250

Colina £250

Forwards

Craigen £500

Doolan £750

Elliott £500

Higginbotham £1000

Eccleston £750

Leyden £250

Is about £15000 a week basic wages. Is £780000 on player basic wages over a year. Is an average wage of £26896 a year for 29 players. I've included Scully and Everton but not Carroll.

In my original post I got my years wrong and added an extra year in. gibberish and Will might not be that far out.

When we won the first, McNamara basically all but told the press the average wage was £250. Beattie told us at the start of last season the wage budget would double. Archie renewed a lot of contracts, I'd suggest rewarding those who he brought up to the Premiership, hence why so many are on £500.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 1

• Members

This is about the only interesting post in the whole thread. Where and when is this information from? Would be interesting to see the full breakdown.

I'm glad you asked because I was beginning to think no one would!

Like the other wages quotes in this thread, I just made it up and passed it off as fact!

• Like 2

Name 8 of our players that you feel could walk into Archie's office and say "Archie I want a rise from 25k a year or I'm away to any club who will pay me more"

The only players who are out of contract in the summer that that might apply to are:

Balatoni

Craigan

Elliott

Fox

Lawless

McMillan

Muirhead

O'Donnell

Osman

Richards-Everton

Welsh

Goalkeepers

Fox £500

Gallacher £500

Waters £250

Basalaj £250

Scully £250

Defenders

O'Donnell £500

Seaborne £750

Muirhead £500

Balatoni £500

McMillan £500

Lindsay £250

Everton £500

Midfielders

Welsh £500

Bannigan £750

Stevenson £1000

Lawless £500

Osman £750

Fraser £1000

Wilson £250

Black £250

Gallacher £250

Keenan £250

McDaid £250

Colina £250

Forwards

Craigen £500

Doolan £750

Elliott £500

Higginbotham £1000

Eccleston £750

Leyden £250

Is about £15000 a week basic wages. Is £780000 on player basic wages over a year. Is an average wage of £26896 a year for 29 players. I've included Scully and Everton but not Carroll.

In my original post I got my years wrong and added an extra year in. gibberish and Will might not be that far out.

When we won the first, McNamara basically all but told the press the average wage was £250. Beattie told us at the start of last season the wage budget would double. Archie renewed a lot of contracts, I'd suggest rewarding those who he brought up to the Premiership, hence why so many are on £500.

That leaves around £900K in bonuses and staff wages

Goalkeepers

Fox £500

Gallacher £500

Waters £250

Basalaj £250

Scully £250

Defenders

O'Donnell £500

Seaborne £750

Muirhead £500

Balatoni £500

McMillan £500

Lindsay £250

Everton £500

Midfielders

Welsh £500

Bannigan £750

Stevenson £1000

Lawless £500

Osman £750

Fraser £1000

Wilson £250

Black £250

Gallacher £250

Keenan £250

McDaid £250

Colina £250

Forwards

Craigen £500

Doolan £750

Elliott £500

Higginbotham £1000

Eccleston £750

Leyden £250

Maybe put Stevenson on £1500, Higgy on £1200, Welch on £1000, the rest there or there abouts, thanks for doing the hardwork Potty Trained, a little more believable when it's in black and white in front of your eyes.

The only players who are out of contract in the summer that that might apply to are:

Balatoni

Craigan

Elliott

Fox

Lawless

McMillan

Muirhead

O'Donnell

Osman

Richards-Everton

Welsh

Why do they have to be out of contract to ask the question Edited by Gibberish

Why do they have to be out of contract to ask the question

Because I don't believe anyone who is on a longer contract, your Banzo's and Fraser's etc are still on £500.

I think 500 is the standard wage and if you committed longer term or had an international call up in your CV then that was in your favour when negotiating in the summer.

The list I provided are all players who got new contracts last summer plus a couple who got new contracts this summer, I think.

I can't for a minute believe, however, that we are paying Welsh £1000 a week. Was he not one who got a new contract this summer? How can a crock demand a wage of that size?

I've said it before but I heard Fraser is on 1600, but that just seems a little too high.

Out of curiosity Jaggymad what wages would you put Craigen, Elliott, Muirhead, Fox, McDaid, Keen and Lawless, you obviously will tell us to the penny I hope

Apart from McDaid and Keen, the rest I would say between £700 and £800 basic. Then your top earners like stevo, Higgy and Seabourne £1000 plus. The rest of our championship winning squad on the same as Craigen, Elliott ect with all our boys that have joined the squad from the development squad about £500 per week. Happy? This would equal to about £35k - £40k average for our squad.

So once again I have happily answered your question, so what about giving the same curtesy to others who have asked you to justify your claim of £25k average. You love to give the impression that you are somehow in the know, but can NEVER back it up or show some proof. So until you can come up with some concrete proof keep doing as you have been doing...talking drivel!!!