What Will Happen With Stevenson?

ThickAsThieves

38 members have voted

1. 1. Will he come good?

• Yes...he'll be a star.
    • Well...he'll improve but not massively.
    • No...dud.

Interested in getting your thoughts on Ryan Stevenson. Someone who, at the time of his signing, most of us were delighted about bringing in. I remember a few people worrying that he wouldn't fit into our system easily, but otherwise we thought he had the right experience and could make a real difference.

He's been poor so far - I don't think he could disagree with that.

But I feel he'll get his opportunity again. The question is - will he take it? At Tannadice, at 0-0, I had a real feeling he'd be the one to come on and make the difference. He didn't obviously, but I guess it shows I've still got that belief in him.

I tend to think of we played him in the same position as Hearts did we's get more out him.

We have him for 2 years & unlikely on current performances anyone else coming in for him so we have to play him imo.

Don't think you'd have found many saying he was anything other than a good signing for us when we did sign him so play him in his proper position for a good few games before judging.

I think he'd come onto a game if given a run in the team in his best position. The problem for him is that Lawless has been very effective there and has made himself undroppable. If I was the manager I'd be tempted to put Stevenson in today for Craigen and push Lawless out wide. At least Stevenson theoretically has goals in him.

He should be playing every week in front of Elliot.

If Elliot had arrived under the same circumstances as Stevenson, there is zero way he'd be in the team. Stevenson is far far better.

I think he has had an unduly tough time from the fans. Played out of position upfront for first five games (we actually had a good run of results then!). Then only given couple of not even full games in correct position. Need to get him playing again. I'd hope from today.

Doesn't deserve any sympathy as far as I am concerned, like every player in the squad he needs to take his chance when he gets it. For me regardless of where he has played his work rate has been very poor and he only has himself to blame for being out iof the team.

My only real concern is he is probably one of the highest earners and that is a worry because we need our "best" talent on the park not moping about.

Whether he comes good, or gets better, will largely depend on his hunger to do so. I presume he hasn't shown so far in training that he's willing to do that or he would have made more appearances in recent weeks. We really need him to come good in some shape or form otherwise we have a big drain on our resources contributing little.